VIII | Hunting | VIII

"Let's just~ let's try to find an actual deer."

They went further into the woods, in an attempt to find one further away. They walked in a loud silence, it was not comfortable. Y/n was walking in front, with Dream behind her. Dream preferred to walk in front, but he did not say anything.

After a while, Y/n held her hand out, to let Dream know to stop walking. Dream took the sign and stopped abruptly.

"I think there is one nearby, I heard something." Y/n was not even looking at Dream when she talked, instead she was looking everywhere if she could find out where the sound was coming from.

"Right there." Dream's voice was calm, and this time he did not start an argument with me. He did not say anything else and let Y/n do the rest.

"Here, you take this one down," Y/n said as she gave him an arrow. Dream took it and targetted the deer. He was focused but because it was so cold he was shivering, causing him to miss.

"Fuck." He muttered under his breath. The deer look up and tried to sprint away. However, before he could run, he was hot in the head. dream was shocked. He looked over at Y/n and saw her holding his bow.

"How- you- just-." Dream could not believe it.

[Dream] did she just shoot that running deer, without aiming or taking her time? Just like it's nothing? What the fuck? Maybe she DOES know what she is doing.

"You think too much." Y/n suddenly broke Dream's thoughts.

"What?"

"You wait too long and overthink."

"I don't overthink."

"You don't have to hide it, it's natural. You think too much about not hitting it right, hurting the animal, and missing. If you do that you wait too long and gonna miss definitely." Y/n's voice was calm and you could not find anything of anger or annoyance.

"But how do you know that you won't miss it."

"You don't, but as long as you believe that it will work, you will be fine."

"But aren't ya scared, you hurt it?"

"Yes, but that's life. You don't always get what you wanted or hoped you would get." With this, it was completely silent. They sat like that for a while, not even being awkward.

Again they walked into the woods looking for a deer. This time they did not get any further into it, cause they did not want to get lost. It did not take long for them to find another deer. Dream stayed next to Y/n waiting for her to decide if she wanted to take it down or not.

"Wanna try again?" The girl looked over at Dream who was holding his bow and in his free hand an arrow too. He had already expected her to ask if he wanted to try, so he was prepared

"Alright." His answer was short but good enough for Y/n to know what to do. She stepped back a bit and right before he started aiming, she grabbed his nad and stopped him from shooting.

"Try to shoot it in one time. No looking at if it's good enough, no thinking about what you can do wrong, just fire it." Her voice was very soft. Dream also got a shiver through his whole body because of this softness. He did not know her like that. She was always ice-cold and they always argued. Seeing her like this, made him get his hopes up to get friends with her.

"Fire." She whispered in his ear. He could hear her breath against his ear. she was so close, she almost touched his ears with his lips. When she said 'fire' He immediately fired the arrow. He did not think about it like she had asked him to do. It was not that he did not want to, it was that he got distracted.