XVI | Adventure | XVI

The girl ran as fast as she could through the woods. Her light gray cloak fluttered behind her, the leather straps holding it in place. The girl had her bow hanging around her with her arrow's around one of her tight, held by another leather string. The girl's hair was in her hood, so it could not get stuck in a stick from a tree.

Her cheeks were soaked in tears as her hands cupped her eyes, still running as fast as she could. All the thoughts in her heard were running around.

After half an hour of running, the girl stopped and yelled from the top of her lungs. After relieving all of the anger that was bottled up inside of her, she fell down to the ground. The dirt of the woods toughed the pale skin on her legs.

[Y/n] Alright and what now? What the hell do I do. I am so stupid, I had not even thought of the next part of my plan.

The girl took out her notepad, which she had just grabbed before jumping out of the window, with a feather and some ink. She had no idea what she could do as she had just run away and it would take her days to get to the place she wanted to be.

Y/n looked at the sky and the trees around her. It was the only thing there was to see besides some birds and other animals that used to live there. Now she realized what a lonely feeling it was giving her and how much she missed company.

Of course, in her room alone she did not have a lot of company either, but it was different. At least in the castle she lived now, Dream went to check on her every day, and most of the time he would check in the morning and in the night. He would say good night, and she would ignore him. It was maybe not the interaction you would normally want, but it was enough for Y/n and now, the princess was out here alone in the woods, with no one telling her good night and no one checking on her. To Y/n there was no option of going back, so she had to seem to live with this.

Alone in the woods, I felt
The bitter hostility of the sky and the trees
Nature has taught her creatures to hate
Man that fusses and fumes

Unquiet man
As the sap rises in the trees
As the sap paints the trees a violent green
So rises the wrath of Nature's creatures

At man

So paints the face of Nature a violent green.
Nature is sick at man

Sick at his fuss and fume
Sick at his agonies
Sick at his gaudy mind

That drives his body
Ever more quickly
More and more
In the wrong direction.

Y/n had not for a long time written a poem, so it felt good to write it again. It was something she could let out everything that was bottled up inside her.

[Y/n] Do I never go back? Do I never see Dream again? Do I never-

The alone now princess' growling stomach interrupted all of the thoughts, the girl is hungry as she has not eaten in two days. She decided to go for a hunt, so she can find something to eat. The girl was far into the woods so when she made a little fire, no one could see it.

The princess had found a little deer, which was her only hope, as she had been looking for at least an hour and this was the only animal she had found so far. She quickly hid behind a nearby tree and grabbed the bow that was wrapped around her and one of her arrows.

[Y/n] Alright Y/n, focus. We can't screw this up, we got this!

Without thinking too much, the girl let go of the arrow, hitting right in her target's head.

"Headshot!" The girl said while imitating a gun with her and holding it right beside her head, acting like she pulled the trigger. [I know, it's explained really weird, but you get the point. hopefully though.]