XVIII | Searching | XVIII

"Mother?" The man opened slightly the door of his mother's office. He did not know for sure if she was in there or not and he also did not know if she was in a meeting or call. He did not want to burst into the room, while she was busy with important things.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He heard and took that as an invitation to open the door further and to walk in.

When he walked in, he could see the Queen sitting in front of her desk with a lot of paper works in front of her. She was reading something while having a feather with ink in her hand. Now and then she scribbled down something on the papers.

"The sun will soon go under, are we going to look for Y/n?" He had been waiting way too long in his opinion and really wanted to start looking for the missing princess. He walked over to the Queen's desk, but the woman did not look up from what she was doing

"Oh, yes, sorry I forgot for a moment. If you want to tell all the guards that we are going to start looking, I will be there in a minute." The Queen announced, while still not being bothered to look up at the man who was talking to her.

"Thank you, mother." When turned around and walked over to the door, the Woman spoke suddenly up.

"Clay?" She said, just before Dream had walked out of the room.

"Yes," He turned around to face the Queen again.

"You can also ask one of the maids if they want to call the guards." Dream had expected something else. He had expected the women to comfort him. He had expected the woman to tell him that they will find her. He had expected the woman to tell him that she will be fine. And he had expected the woman to tell him that she would come home again.

"Oh uh, I think I will be fine." Fast walking out of the Women's room.

His job now was to gather all the guards and to tell them to start looking for the missing princess. Luckily they all knew how she looked, so he did not have to describe her.

He ran down the stairs and called all the guards. He had asked them to go meet him in the meeting room as he was in charge and he would tell them where to look. He had no idea himself if he was honest, but he could not give up now. If he would tell them he had no idea either, they would not take him seriously and they would never find the missing princess.

"All right guys. We are going to look in groups of three. You are going south, you west, you east, you are going in between north and west, you in between south and west, you in between north and east, You are going in between east and west, and last but not least I will go look north. Clear?" Make groups and tell them the direction they had to go to.

"Yes sir." They all said at the same time. He might not be the King, but they all resected him and they knew he would soon be his leader, so there was no point in not following his orders.

"Any questions." He sounded like he was not really carrying if they had to.

"Actually I have." One of the guards said as the rest of them shook their heads.

"What is it?" Looking over at the man.

"Are you going alone to the north?" He said while having a concerned look on his face.

"Yes, any problems with that?" Really not carrying and sounding very snappy.

"No- no Sir, It is just that I do not think it is wise to go alone outside in the dark, and especially not when you are the prince." He said, with a bit more terrified look on this face, and this time not from the thought of the prince going outside alone, but because of the snappy voice, the prince had spoken in.