Preview of seccond book

"So, I wanted to talk to you real quick, about Y/n

"So, I wanted to talk to you real quick, about Y/n." The woman began, while they were still walking. The Queen had made sure that no one else could hear them, and could talk in private.

"What about them?" Showing more interest in the conversation, as his mother was talking about the girl.

"She needs space, Clay." Her voice was now getting more serious. He had no idea what the woman was talking about. Of course, she needed space, that was pretty obvious.

"Yes?" Actually wanting to say 'so what?' but not wanting to be remotely rude towards the Queen

"I do not think you really understand." The woman started again.

"Then what do you mean?" No losing his patients a bit. If she wanted to say something, then why didn't she.

"It means, that you have to keep your distance between them." Looking him straight into the eyes. You could definitely tell the Queen was very serious right now.

"What do you exactly mean with distance?" Getting a bit scared as he knew almost exactly what she was talking about.

"Not showing any affection. I have seen you two, and there is a big chance of you both cathing feeling for each other. However, I do not want anything of that happening anymore, at least for now. When she is fully recovered, you can do whatever you want. Well, of course with her permission, but I think you get that already.

"But why?" The man did not want to start a to argument because he knew he was going to lose anyway, but it seemed incredibly unfair to him. He had hoped he could tell her how he felt about her when she would wake up but it looked like it was not going to happen.

"Well, she now has a really hard time, and she needs to recover from it. If you start dating or whatever you do nowadays, and it is not working out, I have no idea what she will do. Her situation is too unpredictable and she is too vulnerable at the moment." Still holding the same eye contact as before.,

"But what if it works out? I can help her get ver this. I have had rough times too, I might be able to help her get through this." Hoping the woman would change her mind.

"What if it does not?" raizing one eyebrow.

"Then I can still be her friend and help her out, besides it will work out. I just know that we are meant to be." When he said the last moment, there was a short silence, which gave him hope that she had actually changed her mind.

"She ran away Clay. Y/n ran away. That is not something you do on a daily basis, in general at least. God knows what she will do if her heart will break even more. She has lots of years, and she might take them away, you don't know." It went completely silent when the woman spits out her last words. The fact that the woman had said that made his stomach turn.

"Okay. I get your point. I won't break her heart and I will watch myself with flirting." After the long silence, his words filled the air.

The Queen nodded, giving the prince the sign that she was okay with it. The woman walked away, while Dream stood at the same spot he had been the entire conversation, before turning away and walking towards his room.

~much love your author <3!