XVII | Stargazing | XVII

"Oh my god! Techno, look at all the stars in the sky, they are beautiful!" The girl said, with a shocked look on her face. The girl was leaning on the windowsill, so she could just see the dark sky with the stars through it. The little princess was looking in awe at the stars, as Techno walked up next to her and stood now beside the little princess.

"Y/n?" Techno asked. And while asking, he looked away from the dark sky with the lighted stars and over to the little princess.

"Hm?" The girl now looked away from the window too and locked eyes with Techno. The little princess could see a little smile entering his face and was getting curious now, about what he was about to say.

"We should go stargazing!" The boy said, with an excited tone in his voice.

"What?" The girl asked as she had no idea what he was talking about. She had never done that and did not even have an idea what that was. The only thing she knew about it was that it had probably something to do with stars.

"Stargazing!" He said again, but this time with a more excited voice than before.

"What is that?" She knew he would not make fun of her for not knowing something.

"We are going to look at the stars and the moon, and I will explain to them about them." You could see in his face it was something he loved talking about. The boy was smiling while speaking to the little princess like he had the best day of his life.

"Uhhh okay, I guess?" Not knowing for sure if she was going to like it, but she was open for it to trying it, as she saw the look on Techno's face while he was talking about it.

Both, the little princess and the boy went outside. It was dark, but the sky was not black yet. It was a darker shade of a very dark blue. They walk to the garden and Techno is laid immediately down onto the ground in the fresh-cut grass.

"What are you doing?" Y/n asked as she saw Techno laying down on the grass. The girl was raised not to get dirty at any cost and to keep her clothes as clean as possible.

"Come on! Come lay next to me!" The boy told Y/n. Who, however, was everything but convinced to go lay on the dirty ground next to her brother.

"No, why?" She questioned.

"Well, if you just want to stand there and look up all the time, you can stay there if you want, but I am not going to do that." Trying to convince her, so she would lay next to him to look at the stars.

"But my dress will get dirty and you know how mad mom will be." The little princess explained.

"Who cares? I will take the blame. Please just come her lay on the grass so I can explain to you about the stars." Still trying to convince her, as he really wanted her to tell about all the constellations and the myths behind them.

"Why is it even that exciting. It is so boring just to look at the stars, I know I am not going to like it." The girl was still standing, and trying to find an excuse so she did not have to lay down on the ground and make her dress dirty.

"Y/n." They looked her dead in the eyes.

"Alright fine, I will look at the stars, but if it is still boring after ten minutes, I go back inside and you can explain to mom why my new dress is dirty." She said, looking at him seriously too.

"Perfect!" His face changed into a smile when he said that and Y/n came to lay next to him.

"So, what was the it you wanted to talk about, or explain to me?" The little princess snapped a bit at her brother.

"Just let's start from the beginning. Do you know what that is?" Completely ignoring the girl's snappy voice and question. He knew after ten minutes she would not leave and stay with him to learn more about it. The little prince knew Y/n the best and knew for sure she was going to like this.

"Not really." The girl still did not show too many interests.

"You know what constellations are?" Even though the girl was pretty snappy and ungrateful, he tried to stay calm and to ignore it, hoping she would relax a bit.

"Like the patterns of the stars right?" She did not really know more than that if she was completely honest.

"You know what that constellation is called?" He pointed at some stars that were high up in the dark sky.

"It's Cepheus." The boy said when he did not get an answer from Y/n.

"Why Cepheus?" The little princess said the name slowly as she was figuring out how to pronounce the word correctly.

"It was named after the mythical King Cepheus of Aethiopia, husband of Cassiopeia and father of Andromeda, both represented by neighboring constellations."The buy explained Y/n.

"Then what is that one?" The little princess pointed with her finger to one of the other constellations she could see.

"Cassiopeia, named after the vain queen Cassiopeia, mother of Andromeda, in Greek mythology, who boasted about her unrivaled beauty." The boy knew Y/n was getting more interested in knowing what each constellation was.

"And the one with the three stars?" Now pointing at another one.

"Orion?" He looked over at Y/n, to see that she was smiling at the beautiful sky above her.

"I guess." Having no idea what the name was.

"It's the shape of an hourglass, with three stars in the middle. The hourglass represents the godfather of hunting and the three stars in the middle are from his belt." It went on like this for at least half an hour before they decided to go inside finally. They had been outside for over two hours, so Y/n has gotten pretty tired.

"So what did you think?" The man spoke up, as his words filled the comfortable silence when they were walking to the front door.

"Meh." The girl did not want to tell him that she enjoyed it, as he would be right if she did that.

"Hey, that's my line!" He said while laughing.

"No, but seriously Y/n, did you like it?" He spoke up when they were both done laughing.

"Maybe." They were still walking and had reached the door, which had Techno opened for the little princess.

"I'll take that as a yes." He jokingly pushed Y/n's shoulder.

"Fine, I really did. You can laugh at me and say you were right if you want that." The little princess said.

"Of course not Y/n. But now I know you like it, we can do it more often, maybe even after hunting or so if you want." He was the best brother Y/n could ever imagine. The girl was very thankful to at least have a friend inside these thick lonely walls.

"I would love to, thank you Techno." Y/n embraced the boy.

"You are my little sister Y/n. I would do anything for you." They were still in their hug. The boy's voice was very soft and really sounded like he cared a lot about the little princess, which gave Y/n the feeling that she really did matter.