XV | Locked | XV

"Are they- are they-" The girl wanted to know if what she thought was true and she did not misunderstand the man.

"They're dead, Y/n. They're dead."

"Y/n!"

"Wait!"

"You can't hide from it!"

"Please it is better if you talk about it."

The girl did not listen. She ran as fast as she could to her room and locked it. No one could go in, as she needed her space right now. It was probably not the best idea to lock herself out, but it was her idea of coping with the pain right now.

The girl felt like she was defeated.

The girl sat on her bed and started to breathe very heavily. She did not know how to slow it down. The more she was trying to keep it steady and the more she was thinking about not letting her breathe gett faster, it got worse. Her cheeks were also wet and her clothes were soaked because of the tears.

Suddenly she got angry and threw all of her pillows from the bed. She had slammed with her fist against the wall, but the anger was not going away.

Everything and everyone that had hurt her before were getting into her head. Every emotion she had was getting anger and the girl could not help it. Even though she did not want to feel the anger, it was the only thing she could do. It was the only thing she could feel.

Her body had shut down the sadness, as it did not want her to drown in her own emotions.

When the girl eventually was done throwing everything across the room, she was exhausted and fell to the ground. She was exhausted from the news she just heard and from all the thoughts that were living rent-free in her head.

The girl tried to sleep, but how tired she was and how badly she wanted and needed the sleep, she could not sleep. The thoughts were hunting her down and the voices in her head did not stop how much she wanted and begged for it, it did not help.

"Y/n?" the girl heard someone knocking on her door, interrupting her thoughts. She was not in the mood to talk right now, the girl recited to ignore the voice, hoping it would go away.

"Y/n, it's Dream." again a few knocks but Y/n did not say anything.

"I know how it feels when you lose something, it really is better to talk about it. I speak out off experience, I have learned it the hard way, trust me." how much the girl wanted to jump in his arms and kiss him forever, she couldn't. It felt like she would betray herself.

"Y/n." his voice was gotten softer and he was almost whispering. He really wanted to help her, but she did not let him, which hurt him a bit.

"Go away!" the girl's voice was filled with annoyance, even though she did not mean it, because deep inside she knew damn well how much she wanted to be with him, she had always wanted, but never accepted that feeling.

"I am not leaving you there suffer alone, Y/n open and then we can talk." his voice was calm, but the girl knew damn well how desperate he actually was.

"Dream, please, just go away." her voice sounded defeated, and like she had no more energy to yell at him.

"Okay, if it will make you feel better I will go." His voice sounded a bit upset.

"Thank you." it was silently, but enough for Dream to hear it.

"I will be back tomorrow, so you have some time for yourself to process everything." everything he said was out of anxiety that she would do something she would regret. The man himself has been down a path he had greater not taken but he did and it was his biggest fault. For a long time, he could not get out.