III | One Day Left | III

Y/n had woken up by the light of the sun. It was shining very bright and she felt the hot sun burning on her soft skin. The girl was not bothered by it though, she felt safe. The sun was shining on her face which made her eyes glisten. Y/n was waking up pretty peacefully and at her own pace.

The air in the room was a bit colder than expected, so when she trough off her blankets, a shiver went through her whole body. Because the sun was shining so bright, everywhere it was touching her on her body, it felt warm. The girl tried to stay in the sun when she came out of bed, so she would not get could.

Although, she thought it was weird. No one had woken her up yet, most of the time, by now they would have sent her maid to wake her up.

'knock knock'

"Come in?"

"Hi miss Avlyrra, the sun is up already, time to get up too. Rise and shine!" Niki came into her room with a wide smile on her face. She was excited and happy. Her smile was always very genuine so you knew she was happy and not faking it.

"speaking of the devil." Y/n was saying making sure Niki did not hear it.

Her maid told her to get to the dining room, so she could get dinner, as the queen had requested her to tell Y/n that. Y/n ran downstairs as always and almost tripped, because of the fast pace she was running in. She decided to slow down a bit and walked at a much slower pace to the dining room. As always, she saw her brother, mother, and father sitting there already. The princess was always later than them, but she did not care.

If they did not treat her as an adult, she did not act like one. It's that simple.

It was quiet, as no one said anything. The silence was too loud for Y/n so she decided to end it.

"One day left, then I won't be able to see you for several weeks." Her mother looked up from her plate, wanting to say something. The Queen opened her mouth to speak up but realized soon enough it was better not to. Before she even spoke she shut her mouth again, leaving them again in the loud silence.

"Do you need any help for preparing the journey?" Again Y/n tried to break it, this time she succeeded. Her brother spoke up.

"Not really, I think we are good. The staff did a lot last night and the night before so if I am right, we only need to take the coach and we are done." Techno said.

"But thank you for asking, we appreciate it" The King added his sentence to Techno's answer. He looked at Techno, to let him know he had to thank Y/n for asking.

"As father said, Thank you for asking we appreciate that." He said fast, to satisfy his father.

As soon as she was done eating, she sneaked out and went to the Souris lake again. She had grabbed a notepad where she would write all her poems. No one knew she wrote them and she always kept them for herself, she did not want anyone to read them.

When the girl was settled down in the tall grass, she pulled out her notepad. The pages looked a bit old as she had it long and the cover was made of leather. It had a leather string around it to keep it shut. She unwarped the string and placed the notepad in front of her on a new empty page. The girl had taken ink and a feather with her so she could write.

Her first attempts failed and she started to look around for inspiration. She saw a lot of flowers and decided to write about the flowers she wanted in her garden. The Royal garden.

Peonies, heavy and pink as '80s bridesmaid dresses
and scented just the same. Sweet pea,
because I like clashing smells and the car
I drove in college was named that: a pea-green
Datsun with a tendency to backfire.