X | In Town | X

Two horses were ready for the Queen and Princess to ride. Y/n had just in time grabbed her tiara. The girl never went outside without it, even though it did not always match her outfit. The girl did not really like it when she was recognized as princess, but for her parents' sake, she decided to do it.

The tiara was gold with burgundy gemstones in it. All the stones in the tiara were marquise-shaped, to make it look more Royal. The girl had not chosen her own tiara, as it was from her grandma once. To the girl, it was an honor to wear it.

The horses outside were the same as the one in front of the carriage from when they arrived at the castle. The horses were from Edessa's Kingdom, and when they were picked up by the coach, Edessa had sent them.

Both the ladies mounted their horses. They had their legs to one side of the saddle because they had both a dress en could not sit normally properly. Techno had learned Y/n how to ride horses. She did it sometimes, just go into the woods and she would not think just go. It was sometimes very relaxing in her opinion.

When they arrived in the town, it was very new to Y/n. She had not been there ever, and she had not been often in her own town, only if she needed to. Her mother did not want Y/n to go to their town, because she was afraid something would happen to her. Of course, the Queen was right somewhere, but Y/n thought it was mainly because she was sometimes just too overprotective. On the other hand, Y/n kind of understood because she was a small girl and she did not know anyone there.

The way to the town was not very long, in fact, you could see the town from the castle. They only needed to cross the huge breach and they had already arrived. The bridge was there, to make a border between the village and the castle. They were allowed to stand on the bridge and some people even sold stuff there, but you were not allowed to cross it.

"Alright Y/n, I have to do one thing, I will be back in 30 minutes, can you wait here?" The Queen broke the silence between them. Although it was not completely silent because the little kids were playing and running around and a lot of people were just chatting.

"I can, but am I allowed to walk around, I am curious how everything looks." The princess was very excited to finally be able to look around. She had never been around on her own in a village like this and it seemed quite peaceful.

"Okay, but don't go too far on your own. If you want to go further, I will ask Clay to keep you safe alright?" The Queen spoke.

"No, That would not be necceraciry, I can handle this, I will not go far away." The girl really did not want to see Dream, right after she had had a breakdown and he had seen her like that.

"Oh, don't get in too many problems." The Queen quickly said before she left. Y/n did not know where the Queen was going, but she knew it was important to her.

Y/n walked through the street and found a little open spot. There was a little fountain in the middle and she saw some children playing hide and seek. The girl wondered if she would grow up there if she would have done the same. Unfortunately, she grew up in a castle with zero friends, and no one to play hid and seek with. Although, she sometimes played hide and seek with her maid that was different.

The girl decided to sit on the edge of the fountain, to relax a bit.

"Hey?" A small little girl stood in front of Y/n, interrupting her thoughts. The girl's voice sounded almost like she was scared to talk to the girl. Y/n looked up and saw the little girl.

"Hi" Y/n greeted back.

"Are you a real princess?" The girl's voice sounded still terrified to speak.