Just Like That

Disclaimer: None of the characters belong to me, I just play with them.

"Ayudame a entender lo que yo siento, llega la nostalgia con su aliento que es tan grande, así de grande. El corazón es como el mar sin viento, mueren en los labios en un instante"

Asi - Il Volo

On Sunday at noon, the kids were more unsettled than ever, both were screaming and running and jumping showing their excitement at the idea of going to the zoo. They were waiting for Harry in the living room and the twins wouldn't stop talking about how good this day will be looking at all the animals in the zoo.

"And there'll be big giraffes, Aahil!" A very excited Meg was telling to her brother. He screamed and both giggled.

"I want to see the elephants!"

"And the lions!"

"I want to see the snakes, they're my favorites" Meg nodded in agreement with her brother. Both were big lovers of reptiles, there was a time when they had asked their father for a snake as a pet but he told them that snakes were dangerous animals so they accepted, a bit sad but trusting their father's words.

The black-haired was watching them with amusement. His kids were so beautiful, it was lovely to see them happy because it made him happy too. He still remembers when he held them in his arms for the first time, he never thought he would be the type of parent who becomes a fool for his kids, but he supposes that it happens eventually to everyone once you meet those little creatures that you know will turn your world upside down but you still love them with your whole heart. He got near to hug them squeezing them against his chest.

"I love you" he kissed their heads making the kids laugh and trying to hug him too. The beautiful scene got interrupted by the doorbell so Zayn left the kids where they were and went to open the door. Harry was on the other side with big sunglasses and his hair tied in a ponytail, he didn't even give Zayn his usual shy smile while entering the house directly to find his kids. Zayn only frowned following him.

"Daddy! Baba is going to take us to the zoo!" the kids screamed once they saw Harry. He smiled and squatted to hug them tightly.

"Hello, my babies" he kissed each one on the forehead.

"Hello, Harry," Zayn said leaning on the doorframe, it felt really weird that Harry, who always smiled at him every chance he had, hadn't even looked at him.

"Hi, Zayn" he answered still without looking at him. The black-haired frowned even more crossing his arms and trying to read Harry. He had taken off his jacket and bag and was now seated on the couch giving his all attention to the kids, but still wearing the sunglasses.

Ten minutes later, the four were heading to the zoo. The kids were in the back seats with the seatbelts on talking about all the fun they would have today. And the adults were in the front completely silent. Zayn was driving nodding from time to time whenever the kids talked directed at him, and Harry was looking through the window deep into his thoughts. The awkwardness was palpable, but Zayn dismissed the feeling.

Moments later Harry was buying the tickets while Zayn and the kids were parking the car and when they reunited again in front of the door, Harry only gave the guard the four tickets and took Meg's hand to go inside, Aahil was with Zayn.