Don't Make Me Wait

Shit, it was already late to pick up the kids, damn the meeting that had delayed him. He parked quickly in front of the house, got out fast and knocked on the door, his mother opened it and when he saw her face he grumped "Oh no, what was missing" he kissed her cheek and got in.

"¡Kids, I'm here!" he turned towards his mother and she guided him to the kitchen.

"They're in the garden, I told them to stay there until I call them" she clarified to his son seeing him searching for his kids with the eyes around the house, "So... He's back"

The black-haired grumped again and started to untie his tie, today seemed like the day to "Let's question Zayn" he thought rolling his eyes.

"Yes," he said shrugging.

"And well..." Trisha crossed her arms frowning.

"And well what?"

"Zayn.." the woman said with a stern tone.

"Yes, he's back, yes he saw the kids and talked to them, they've also forgiven him and now they want him near... And yes, I also told him that he could be with them, and we talked" he spilled exasperated, he rubbed his face with his hands and looked at the woman.

"You forgave him?" Trisha asked barely containing a gasp.

"No, the fact that I'm letting him be near the kids and talk to me doesn't mean that I've forgiven him and forgotten what he did" he clarified, "but we are adults, we are not the kids we used to be anymore, I am not the kid who used to drink the winds for him anymore, I'm a man who had to grow up early, I am a father and I want the best for my children, and if he comes in the equation for them to be happy, I'm going to do the possible to let him in" he breathed, he didn't want to explode right now but he was tired and didn't want to answer anything.

"Are you still in love with him?" Trisha asked calmer now.

"That is not relevant now, if I am or not, I can't forget what he had done to me, he will always be the love of my life and the father of my children, but the fact that he's back and I am letting him be with the kids doesn't mean that I'm receiving him with arms wide open "

"It's alright, I just hope-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, that I'm not making a mistake and that he'll do the same again and everyone will say 'I told you'... I understand Mum, but I promise that if he does it again, this time he will not get out unscathed like last time, and I'm not going to end up heartbroken" The woman got near him and hugged him strongly, she was only hoping with her whole heart that Harry wouldn't make the same mistake again, or she would be in charge to make her son and her grandchildren to not see him again, ever.

🌻🌻🌻

On Sunday, it seemed as if everyone agreed to bother him, all his sisters, his parents, Gemma and Anne appeared very early at his door, not even the kids had woke up and he doubted they'd do it soon because he and Harry had taken them to swim the day before; they were very excited to go to the pool because Zayn still wasn't a big fan of water so they used to avoid places with pools or stuff like that, but now that Harry was there, he could help with it. His kids had fun a lot and they ended up very tired to the relief of the adults cause they were very tired too, and that was the other situation; Harry fell asleep on one of the couches in the living room and Zayn didn't have the heart to kick him out there.

He sighed clearing his thoughts and opened the door to let them all in.

"Good morning"

He closed the door behind him and led them all toward the living room, to his relief everything was accommodated and there weren't signs of Harry.