Ch-5

Marriages in Mughal royalty were marked with utmost grandeur and lots of happiness combined with merrymaking. The palace was decorated by several servants for the lavish celebrations as it is the marriage of their Badshah in a few days and the entire responsibility of putting in place feasts and matrimonial protocols were on the shoulders of royal ladies his mother and sister were busy in preparation looking for every single thing by their own from food to clothes, decorations to the guest.
************
"Salam kunwar shah" A man in white kurta and pathani salwar wished him, he nodded.
" Queen mother handed me the responsibility of yours, Anything you want you can call me, I will be here outside your chamber"
" what's your name?"
"Aariz"
" purohit Ji from where we should start," Sidhanth asked.
" let's see the Palace first" he suggested.
" this way my Almighty"

"The 380,000 m2 (94-acre) fort has a semicircular plan, its chord lies parallel to the river Yamuna and its walls are seventy feet high. Double ramparts have massive circular bastions at intervals, with battlements, embrasures, machicolations and string courses. Four gates were provided on its four sides, one Khizri gate opening on to the river" Aariz describe them
" Kunwar sa at your right are stables, all the horses, elephants which are used by our army and Badshah are here"
The one white horse caught his eyes, he is different among all, magnificent, majestic, energetic and curious, Sidhanth falls in love with the horse immediately.
" I want to ride this horse" Sidhanth ordered.
" I am sorry Kunwar sa but shehzaadi doesn't like someone used her horse without her permission" he informed him meekly.
" Do you even know aap kise mana kar rhe hai"
"Doesn't matter" a voice came from behind.
" This belongs to me, if he wants to ride it, he has to ask for my permission" she whispered looking straight into his eyes while he is looking into them before, she averted her gaze.
" don't you know how to behave with the guest" purohit Ji questioned a bit aloud?
" First of all you seems to be elder than me, by any means, I don't want to disrespect you however you are not allowed to talk with me in a loud voice, I hope you understand," she said calmly.
" Humse badtmeezi" purohit Ji roared when Sidhanth thoughts broke out looking at the furious man.
" Don't you know how to talk to the elders," Sidhanth asked her eyes exhibiting anger and displeasure.
" I know better than he knows how to talk with younger one's, doesn't mean if he is an elder he has a right to talk with me in a loud voice without my mistake" she gives it back to him.
" you are an arrogant women," he remarked " say sorry to him"
" and what makes you think I will do that"
" I think of you as a responsible princess who knows how to stand against wrong but I was highly mistaken you are egoistic, just saying a simple sorry didn't make you look small and if it's not your mistake then sometimes you may do for paying your respects" he seethed turning head over heels in anger, birse and fury while shehnaaz gives an unbelievable look.
For the past two hours, he was continuously punching the punching bag, the sweat covered all his body, his eyes told about his anger, he couldn't handle a word against purohit ji, he is his guru and the salakar of his state, A person with a lot of respect was disrespected by a princess who he thinks high of.
**********
" Shehnaaz yeh ky badtmeezi ki hai apne" Hamid asked her who is stitching his kurta for his nikkah.
" what do you mean bahishah" she asked.
" Aariz told me you misbehaved with the purohit of Jaisalmer just because of a mere horse"
" I didn't misbehave with him he talked with me in a loud tonne"
" so what you can ignore is thinking of him as an elder, we have a very good relation with Jaisalmer, aap abhi jaayengi aur unse maafi mangegi" he ordered.
" I wouldn't"
" oh you will my princess, I am warning you if you didn't apologise to him then you are not granted to do swords practice as well as horse riding, you will be locked in this portion only shehnaaz think and do" he warned her one last time before going out.
***********
" purohit Ji shehzaadi seeks permission to meet you" Aariz informed them.
" she can't come inside" Sidhanth whispered yelled with greeted teeth.
" Sidhanth let her in" purohit Ji convinced him while he turned his face to the balcony, doesn't want to listen to a word of her covering his upper body with a long chadar.
*********
" salam" she gritted him, he nodded.
" kahiye"
" Whatever happened in the stable, should not be..." she stopped it's very hard to say sorry for the mistake she never did.
" you are here to apologise," he asked with narrow eyes.
" I came for that but I couldn't"
" why?" he asked with a small smile testing her for the reason she doesn't have an idea.
" it's against my rules and my beliefs purohit Ji"
" and what are your beliefs if some elder talks to you in a loud voice then you tackled him by misbehaving.
" No purohit ji, I always learned to respect everyone but if a person I am not familiar with and talking with me in a loud voice without my mistake then I will answer them, I never wanted to disrespect you," she said looking into his eyes behind the parda.
" and what if in my place your brother aur would-be husband misbehave with you tab bhi aap yahi kahengi" he asked her and she replied without waiting for a second.
" Ji"
" so what are you doing here?" he questioned again.
" offering your kunwar sa a ride on my horse as much as he wants"
" so you are here for compensating" a thick voice came making the room vibrate.
" no, I am not, if you had simply asked me I never say no, but you think me of an egoistic princess and went from there without any further words so you also did what you called me an arrogant" he smiled hearing her words.
" I hope the misunderstanding between us is resolved now"
" itni Zaldi nh shehzaadi" Sidhanth uttered.
" Mtlb?"
" you knowingly and unknowingly disrespected my guru doesn't matter your intention was good or not he may forgive you but not me this soon" he uttered.
" you have to compete with me with the horse jispe apko itna naaz hai"
" you are challenging me"
" what do you think of?"
" what if you lose?" she asked.
" what if you lose?" he asked the same watching her silhouette behind the parda, she has a playful smile on her lips, her nose pin will take his heart one day he thinks.

Note:
Do like, comments and share your views and one thing more I just made a few changes in the earlier chapter which doesn't affect the storyline if you want to read it then you can