16

You swing through the city faster than you'd ever swung before.

You managed to hit your arm on the side of the building a couple of times due to the speed you were travelling at but that wasn't really a distraction to you.

The nerves of being under a time limit here with the portal was stressful.

I mean, you didn't really understand why Ned couldn't just open another portal or just strengthen the original one but things just must be different in the multiverse.

It was probably something to do with the fact that there was no sanctum in this reality.

Or at least that you knew of.

You spring to a stop at the fire exit outside Gwen's apartment and put a hand over your eyes as you walk in so you didn't see anything that you weren't meant to see.

"Peter?," You say, thinking it was strange how quiet it was in the room, "Peter we have to go."

When you didn't get a response you take your hand away from your eyes and see that no one was inside.

Instead, there was a note on the bed telling you where they'd gone.

Hey Y/n

This is Gwen I'm being responsible (unlike Peter) and writing a note to tell you that we've gone out for a trip, probably to the Empire State knowing Peter.

Gwen.

P.S. I'm not sure why I signed off as Gwen when I told you I was Gwen at the start but it doesn't matter.

The Empire State?

You've got to be joking.

You spring out of the apartment and swing through the air, doing a flip just high enough to catch a view of the skyline.

You needed to head north.

You shoot some webs, slingshotting yourself from a crane and towards the tallest building in America.

"Woah! That's Spider-Woman!"

"Spider-Woman we love you!"

The cries and cheers from below didn't mean anything to you anymore.

Even though this reality was nice, you didn't want to be stuck here.

You would miss your friends and your family so much, and that was where your heart lay as much as you loved your multiversal friends.

You found a skyscraper and swing off it just in time to reach the max elevation.

You hit the roof of the Empire State Building at a perfect angle and climb over its spike to see Gwen and Peter stood holding each other at the very highest point.

They both looked very surprised to see you even though Gwen did leave a note.

"I get that this is a sweet and romantic destination," You say casually, "But it's really impractical."

The two of them turn around, so surprised that Gwen almost slipped off.

Peter grabbed her in time though, clearly not wanting to repeat the incident that changed his life for the worst.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Gwen asks, relaxing in Peter's arms.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but me and Peter need to go back." You say.

Gwen and Peter both looked at each other in shock but Peter was the one who spoke.

They both looked at each other in adoration, holding themselves closely.

"I'm not going," He says stubbornly, "I can't leave her again."

Well, this was going to be problematic.