20

Once you'd all welcomed Peter 2 back to reality, you realised that Ned was taking an awfully long time with the cleaning.

Not that you were complaining. You were happy that you didn't have to help. You just wondered what he was up to all this time.

You stood up and started to walk away from the group.

They barely noticed, they were too busy chatting to Peter 2. It seemed the mood had changed a lot since he'd woken up. It was weird how the quietest person can often be the key to the group getting along.

Anyway, you shrug it off, ducking under parts of the symbiote ship as you searched for Ned.

You rounded a couple corridors to find the sorcerer Ned crying on his own on some of the sanctum's steps.

You weren't great at comforting yourself but you were alright at comforting other people.

You slowly sat beside him so you wouldn't alarm him and asked what was up.

He sniffed, replying quietly, "I've failed."

"What do you mean?" You ask calmly.

That was one of the tactics to comforting someone, you always had to stay calm and often as quiet as possible, and only offer your opinion on the matter when they ask.

"It's the sling ring," He says, flicking the ring between his fingers, "It's broken. It sent me to the wrong place and now I can't even make a portal, watch."

Ned stopped sobbing for a minute and tried to form a portal but nothing happened besides the orange sparkles.

"From what I've been told, the sling ring is only a vessel for your magic. The true magic of summoning the portal lies within." You say, a little surprised by how posh you sounded.

"Well maybe I'm the thing that's broken." Ned says, leaning on your shoulder as he cried.

You felt bad for the guy but also worried that now you had no way back.

"Well, if your sure, it's probably time to tell the others." You say, your heart sinking.

The idea dawned on you as the two of you walked towards the group. You were stuck here forever.

Now, there really was no way home.

You zone out as Ned explains the situation to the others.

"Wait, magic actually exists?" Gwen says, completely taken aback.

"You've literally been through a portal already." Peter adds, rubbing her head.

"Yeah but I thought that was like science or something, I don't know I don't think about these things that much." She admits, throwing her hands in the air in frustration.

"Can't we just find someone else who can do magic?" Peter 2 asks, he looked the least worried out of the lot of you even if he had the most to get back to.

At least he'd fully lived his life in his universe, you had not.

"No, your Doctor Strange and Wong are somewhere in the multiverse now and he would be very hard to locate." Ned admits, "I don't think there's anyone else capable of multiversal magic in this reality."

You all sigh in disappointment but Peter 1 perks up with an idea.

"There is one person." He says, a smile creeping onto his face.

And at that very moment, you realised who he was talking about.

A guy who you hadn't spoken to in a while, a guy who had probably forgotten too much to remember the whole fiasco you went through together.

A guy named Ned

A/n: Spider-Man into the Ned-Verse