29

A thousand questions raced through your head and you didn't doubt the fact that she heard them.

"A rupture in the multiverse awoke me from my millennial slumber," She explains, "You might consider it 'a spell that went wrong' or 'your girlfriend killing a man who was protecting the timeline' but in reality it's much more than that."

Doctor Strange and Loki looked down awkwardly as if they were ashamed of their mishaps but also curious with what else it could be.

"The multiverse has been weakening for decades which is why I sent the beasts to the most developed of them all as a test to find the best and smartest of you." She continues.

You freeze. Test? Was all the stress you went through just a test? You clenched your fists in frustration but released them when you regained your self-control.

"And although you humans aren't that evolved," She says casually, "I can see that your intentions are pure and selfless so it looks to me as I've found the best of you except maybe that one." She points at Loki.

Your stomach swells with pride at being called the 'best' by a literal god but you tried not to let it go to your head.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but what for?" Doctor Strange asks, "Why do you need the best of us?"

"I need some to help to strengthen the multiverse." She admits, "Your mystical powers would be a huge asset to the system of it all."

The being glances between Loki, Wanda, Sorcerer Ned and Strange. You couldn't help but feel a little left out so you go and stand with the Peters and Gwen.

"You all are magical." She points out to them, "The four of you would be perfect candidates for the position."

The four looked particularly pleased with themselves whilst you fiddled with your hands, feeling awkward and unnecessary. The other spidermen probably did too.

"And don't think I've forgotten you five." She says, "You all deserve to be rewarded in your own ways."

She glides over to you five, her attention fixed on the Spider-People and Gwen. She focused on you, as if she was weighing up your worth.

"I can see the multiverse has caused you much pain." She declares, "I could wipe all your memories of its existence for you and it'd be like normal again without the stress of knowing about the other universes. Sound good?"

That was some question.

She was right. The multiverse had caused you stress and pain and you wouldn't mind forgetting all this madness that you've gone through and you'd be able to fight your own monsters in your own world without stress. There was only one doubt about Geurok's gift lingering in the back of your head.

"That means forgetting the others doesn't it." You mutter, you could tell the others were thinking the same.

You weren't sure anymore, it would be nice going home but was that really home anymore?

As your mum had always said, home is where the heart is, the only thing you weren't sure on was where your heart lay.

Was it worth losing your friends for your sanity?

A/n: Quick question, what's ur favourite avengers film? And I'm not asking this just cuz I'm bored there is a a reason ;)