19

After Peter 2 was securely bandaged and after you all had managed to clear away the most of the wreckage, you found yourself sat on the floor and chatting.

The sorcerer version of Ned had volunteered to do the last of the cleaning so he had just gone into another room and sorted things out.

That left you and the others to catch up with what had happened.

Peter 1 sat beside Peter 2, watching his chest slowly rise up and down. Peter 2 was unconscious now and Peter 1 was being quite protective over him.

It was pretty much the gang back together plus Gwen which did make it awkward. But, after a while you forgot she even was there because she was just laying in Peter's arms whilst he fiddled with her hair.

The inter-dimensional travelling must've tired her.

"So," Peter 1 says, his high pitched voice echoing across the sanctum, "What was the creature like for you?"

"It was massive and on the news they were all saying that it was like a Godzilla or something!" You say energetically, "So me and Peter headed down to see what was happening and there was this monster with loads of heads and..."

You carry on telling the story as the others listened politely.

"..then I grabbed Gwen's hand and suddenly we were here." You look to the others. Only Peter 1 was listening. You were sure Peter 2 would've done too if he was conscious.

"What about you?" You ask, slightly out of breath from talking for so long, "You were in space! That sounds awesome!"

"Yeah it was," Peter 1 shoots you a grin, "Want to hear the whole story?"

You shrug, smiling back at him.

"Okay so basically, me and Pete ended up on this weird planet with all these weird smushy black aliens and Peter 2 was like 'oh yeah I know these guys you should probably stay away' and I was like 'why' and so I touched one of them cuz it looked kind of cute and then it crawled all over me and I like, was the alien."

Peter paused for a breath, speaking enthusiastically and quickly was tiring.

"Anyway, Peter 2 told me once he got it out of me which might've taken a while, I don't remember.. err.. yeah he told me they're called symbiotes and basically that they're nasty buggers."

You realised they must've been pretty advanced aliens if they could adapt so quickly to fit into an organism. It made sense that they were sent there because that was more likely to have a beast in. Although, at this point you'd be shocked if the creature even came because Peter 1 hadn't mentioned it at all.

"Wait, you didn't have to fight the beast?" You ask.

"Yeah, we did, it was an ugly fat massive hyena thing but it was red. It had massive teeth and it got Pete with just one of them and that's what it did to his leg so we ended up hiding for a bit. We were really weak so the symbiotes helped us by connecting with us and helping take down the monster so I don't really remember I'm sorry. The next thing I know we were both in a random symbiote ship and the little black sludges were waving goodbye."

"Aww so they're nice aliens then." You say, fully engrossed in the story.

"When they want to be." You hear a weak voice mutter.

You watch as a worn out figure pulls himself up slowly, cursing as his leg drags along the ground.

He gives you a weak smile and you give him a wholehearted grin back.

You were so happy that he was alive.