25

"Well there's only one way to find out for sure."

An unknown voice pipes up, disturbing the tense mood and making it more mysterious and ominous.

You turn around and see that the voice belonged to a man that you somewhat recognised but couldn't exactly pinpoint who.

It could've just been a regular guy you saw out on the streets last week but something told you different.

You know when something dark is around and that was the feeling that you were getting.

Although it wasn't quite dark, it was sort of sarcastic and mischievous.

The man ran a hand through his slicked back long dark hair and stood up, addressing the lot of you as if he were superior.

He scoffed, "I'm just saying that the only way you're going to know what that leads to is by going there. Any fool could work that out."

"Buddy, I'm ninety percent certain we were going to do that anyway but err.. nice of you to join in the conversation." Peter 2 says casually, tapping the stranger on the back as if they were old pals.

The man's confused expression made what Peter did even more funny and you had to desperately fight to contain your laughter.

"Yes, but there was that ten percent..." The stranger replies smarmily, quickly adapting into the conversation, "Buddy."

He layered the last word with so much sarcasm that it made the world stand still for a couple of moments.

"Look, it's two old guys fighting!" Peter 3 yells, breaking the silence and laughing at his own joke.

Gwen gives him a light punch in the arm as the conversation slows to a cold silence.

"Who are you anyway?" You ask, looking at the man as he stood.

"The name is Loki," He said dramatically, "Loki Laufeyson."

He stopped as if expecting a reaction or at the very least a round of applause but when nothing happened he added.

"This is the part where the old me would try and rule over you and take over your universe but come on guys, let's be honest that was getting a bit old."

He grins, looking towards Doctor Strange.

"Now I'm not exactly regarded as 'good' across the multiverse but recently I got into a bit of a situation and ended up messing with the timeline so I'm not sure when or why I'm here but I am now so I was wondering if I could be part of this little reconnoiter."

"What makes you think that we were planning to actually go?" You ask, a little confused as to why he was so presumptuous that you were going to fly out to the middle of the multiverse to fight this being.

If anything it was a suicide mission. Some wizards on an adventure with a bunch of teenagers about to fight a creature with the power to eat whole universes.

"Because I have a plan." Loki replies, his grin not fading, "And a bag of what earth people call crisps that I'm willing to bribe you with."

"I want in too." Another voice says and you recognise yet another person waiting outside Doctor Strange's office.

She was the person that Peter 1 was talking to on the building before you had to fight that giant frog monster.

It was the Scarlett Witch, Wanda Maximoff.

Doctor Strange sighed as he stared at his team, probably contemplating if this was a good idea or not.

"The more the merrier." Doctor Strange shrugs, clearly not meaning it, "Now let's hear this plan of yours."

A/n: I know this isn't quite finished but I was wondering if you'd want a third book? And if you have any ideas for the storyline of the third that'd be great. I don't have one set but I'm sure I could think of one.