part twelve

Music blared through the apartment complex, the main lighting dim with strobes and lasers the only real lighting.
"3,2,1 drink!" Ben cheered at Maeve and Jack, who had been forced to do shots as a forfeit for losing ping pong against John and himself.
"Fuck me that's strong," Maeve slurred, sticking her tongue out in disgust of the drink. The boys all laughed, Jack downing it with no problem.
"Huh?" He looked at her confused as he slammed his empty red cup on the table, accidentally knocking it to the floor in his drunken state. The four of them continued drinking and laughing, the room appearing blurrier by the second.
"You ok, gorgeous?" Maeve suddenly felt warm hands around her waist, a familiar scent welcomed to her nose as his chin rested against her shoulder.
"I want to dance, mase," Maeve pouted, placing her hands over his and her head back.
"Let's dance then," he smiled, drunken, although not quite as drunk as her.

The two of them messed around, moving to the music, and to eachother. Until about 20 minutes had passed and Mason headed for the sofa in exhaustion. He left maeve on the 'dance floor' with Sasha and Marcus, the three of them enjoying a new found friendship as they had fun together. Mason felt someone sitting next to him as he rested, a drink in his hand and his elbows on his knees.
"You alright, mate?" Dec spoke, placing his hand on his shoulder.
"Yeah bro, I actually am," mason smiled, his eyes glued to the girl.
"Because you're pissed out of your face or?" Dec laughed.
"I mean yeah I do feel pretty drunk. But I really like Maeve. And we keep having these little moments where I feel like she likes me too. I should just talk to her, but mate I'm fucking scared. I've never felt like this about anyone, what if she doesn't feel the same?" He sighed, removing his eyes from the beautiful brunette and moving them to his best friend.
"Look mase -" Declan started, but almost on queue was cut off.
"Why are you being boring and sitting down, masey?" Maeve pouted, running over to the boys through the crowd. Declan sat watching her, praying she wouldn't embarrass herself in her drunken state. But he knew whatever she did, was what her sober self felt.
"Sorry mouse I just got tired!" Mason laughed, scratching his neck.
"But I miss you," she playfully stuck her bottom lip out, perching herself on his lap. He immediately relaxed into her presence, feeling his whole, or nearly whole (😏) , body un-stiffen beneath her as he wrapped his arms around her waist, using his thumb to rub her hip.
"I miss you too, but we are still in the same room Atleast," mase smiled to her, his gaze locked on hers. He was half expected her over excited drunk self to start waffling about something else, or jump up and start dancing again, but he was pleasantly surprised that she just remained content my sat in his lap, smiling as she gazed into his brown eyes. His grip tightened on her waist as she shuffled herself to face him, now straddling him. He moved his gaze down to her collar bones, then back up to her lips and finally to her eyes. His hands held her back close to him, hers exploring his cheek bones and jaw line, before running over his lips.
"God maeve, what are you doing to me?" He whispered, shaking his head with a small smile. She blushed smiling in response, before leaning in and passionately attaching her lips to his. She moved her hands up to his hair, her fingers tangled as she allowed her lips to move in rhythm with his. Mason allowed his hands to hold her lower waist tight to his body, unaware what she could feel as he pulled her closer and closer onto his body. Eventually, she pulled away, smiling, her index finger still over his lips.
"I know, I feel it too."