S2. Part twenty three

"Congratulations, mumma mount!" Jack called, the herds of footballers entering the hospital room where Maeve lay, Mason next to her with Theo in his arms.
"Yo mate how mad, it's like Mase has shrunk," the boy gasped with a smile, his eyes set on the child.
"He's adorable," Ben smiled, stroking the child's head as he sat on the chair next to the bed.
"And Maeve, you're so strong! You're still here with us, I can't believe it!" Jude shook his head in delight, wrapping his arms around his best friend, before heading over to Mason and Theo, stroking the child's cheek as he peacefully slept.
"You didn't think you'd get rid of me that easily, did you?!" Maeve laughed with a sniff. All the boys crowded round Mason and Theo, the chelsea midfielder standing up so all the boys could get in to see their new "nephew". But the real uncle took a moment with his step sister.
"I'm so proud of you, mouse. I really did think we'd lost you, and now we've gained this little handsome too," Dec smiled, sitting on the bed opposite Maeve and taking her hands in his.
"It's all thanks to Mase. He was giving me a cute talk whilst I was still in the coma, before they took me down to surgery. That's when I forced myself to wake so I could see his face, and tell him I love him. If I didn't wake up then, I don't think it would have gone so smooth," her heart twinged at the thought of her not being so lucky, having to leave the love of her life behind and never getting to meet their child. But her thoughts were interrupted by the laughter in the room, including her husbands.
"Love you, mouse," Dec placed a kiss on her head, truly meaning it.
"I love you too, rice," she responded as he pulled away, before also jumping up to meet his new nephew. Theo lay happily in Ben's arms, as the lads continued to meet him, the child still asleep and unaware of it all.
"You alright, gorgeous?" Mason sat down on the bed next to his wife, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and placing a meaningful kiss on the side of her head.
"I'm so good," she sighed, resting her head against his shoulder with relief.