S2. Part thirteen

The trip was everything Maeve needed - after the trauma of her incident with Mia, to be back in her home land with the love of her life, her best friends and her baby soon to meet her was all she wanted. The group had been in her childhood town for three days already, and they were all loving every minute of it.

"3,2,1, go!" Mason heard whispering outside of their bedroom door, his wife still asleep in his arms with her head on his chest. He opened his eyes slowly, bracing for what he knew was about to happen.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MAEVE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU," The large group of boys chorused, as out of tune as ever of course, as they ran into the room with balloons, conferring and a huge cake. The girl stirred, snuggling closer to Mason and burying her head in his shoulder. He sniggered, kissing the side of her head.
"Make a wish, mouse!" Ben cheered, carefully approaching her with the cake as she sat up in bed with a stretch.
"Thank you guys, but you didn't need to do any of this! Bringing me home was more than enough," she smiled, shaking her head gratefully and blowing out the candles.
"Did you make a wish?" Jack asked, like the child he had become renowned to be.
"I did, of course," Maeve smirked, feeling masons grip on her waist tighten as he remained laying in the bed.
"I bet it was for birthday sex," Jack continued, fluttering his eyebrows as he jumped onto the end of the bed, Phil, Ben, Jude, Marcus and Luke all stood around the bed, Bukayo and Dec in the doorway.
"She wouldn't need to wish for that, trust," Mase finally woke up slightly, pulling himself up, his arms still tightly round the girl as his brown eyes opened from their sleepy state. Maeve playfully scowled at him, trying her best not to laugh, as he winked at her adorably.
"Oh my god wait," Ben interrupted, causing the group to abruptly turn and face him. "Can you even have sex when you're pregnant?!" He asked, his face screwed up in confusion.
"Course you can't, you'd poke the baby," Jack shrugged, earning confused looks from everyone.
"Mate...you do know the baby isn't like...in her actual vagina?" Dec laughed from the doorway. Jack looked at Maeve confused, his eyes asking her for an explanation. But she chose to ignore this, shaking her head at him with a giggle.

The group remained sat on the couples bed, of the top floor in the rented house in central Amsterdam. Around twenty minutes later, they all began to disperse to their own rooms, or the kitchen to get some food, leaving the couple alone in their bed. Immediately, mason placed his hand against Maeve's face, pulling her into him as he began to kiss her passionately.
"Happy birthday, my queen," he whispered, his lips pulled slightly away from hers as their noses remained pressed together, their brown eyes locked. They both smiled, the creases by Masons eyes becoming obvious, and as adorable as ever.
"I didn't really know what to wish for when I blew out my candles, because I have everything I could ever want. I'm back where I grew up, I have my best friends here with me, I have our beautiful son in my bump, and I have you - the love of my life," she whispered to him, with a smile as she blushed slightly. He shook his head, his eyes glistening into hers as he tucked a piece of her hair behind her ears.
"Oh baby. I promise you, I will be by your side, and our sons, until the day I die."