part forty four

"Mouse, please baby, please let me explain," Mason sniffed, his back against the locked bedroom door.
"I don't need an explanation, I saw what I saw," the girl wipes her ears, unlocking the door and appearing with her bag.
"Why do you have your bags? Where are you going?" Mason sobbed, knowing how the situation looked. He didn't blame her, but it didn't make it any less painful.
"I need some time, I'm going to stay at my mums," the girl brushed past him, heading down the stairs and towards the front door.
"It wasn't me, maeve," Mason attempted as she reached the exit of the house. She stopped, her back still to him.
"I didn't do anything, she followed me to training, she texts me all the time, she's a deluded stalker. I saw her outside the training grounds and told her to leave me alone or I'd block her and ring the police. But she is deluded, she thought because I'd spoken to her that somewhere I still wanted her. I don't, I want you," his voice shook, as he fell to his knees on the landing, his head in his hands. Maeve thought about his words, wanting to believe him. But she was scared.
"Ok. I just need some time. I've never been in this situation before and it's really hurt me, I believe you. But that doesn't make it any less painful. You could have anyone in the world you want, and quite frankly everyone wants you. And I'm just me. I'll never be enough, and I feel that more than ever right now. I just need time."
"Please, you are more than enough, you're all I want," his eyes raised from the floor and met with hers, before she flinched and turned away.
"I'm sorry," and with that, the front door clicked shut.

*****************

sweet caroliners

MJ left the chat

chilly
Urm???

ricey boy
So mouse left the chat, then walked back through our front door crying with her bags
Mason?
Care to explain?

money mase
I don't want to talk about it

ricey boy
Bro I think I have a right to know what's happened to my sister

bells 🔔
MY MOUSE?😭😭

grealio
*mases mouse

money mase
I wish.

sea shaw
What the fucks going on

ricey boy
My point exactly

Slabhead
No idea what's happened but you better all sort it out
Cant imagine mason ever being happy again without her

money mase
Thanks slabby, thats really reassured me

Grealio
Everyone to Masons in 15, I think we need to talk this through

big boy foden
Rice? You coming?

ricey boy
Mase I want to be there for you but it's hard when my step sister is crying her eyes out in her room refusing anyone to talk to her

money mase
Please come round Dec, I need to explain or else you'll hate me forever

ricey boy
Ok

*******************

"So you didn't cheat on her?" Jack asked from one sofa in his usual confused state.
"Of course I didn't, I'd never dream of it. I love her more than life itself, I'd give up everything for her. I just wish she believed that," Mason sniffed, tears threatening to fall again. For the first time during this meet up, Decs eyes met with his best friends, as he walked towards him and embraced him in a huge hug. Mason buried his head into Declan's neck, letting his emotions flow.
"It's ok man, we're all here for you. Maeve loves you more than anything in the world, the problem isn't with you. She's very sensitive, especially in winter as that's when her dad died. She probably sees other girls after you and worries that she's keeping you from someone better. She's not upset at you," Dec assured him, letting him in to the conversation he'd had with his sister just before he left to come to Masons. Mason nodded, appreciating his words.
"How can i get her back?" The boy sniffed, wiping his eyes on the grey sleeve of his hoodie, which happened to be Maeve's favourite - the one she wore for comfort, and therefore smelt of her.
"You don't need to do anything. She'll come back when she's had her time, just let her be for abit and wait for her to come back round," Chilly ruffled his hair, the boys all agreeing with him.
"And what if she doesn't?"
"Then I'm sorry, mase, but it just wasn't meant to be."