part forty eight

"No, that's so unfair!" Lewis playfully sulked as Sam overtook him on the board game they were all crowding the living room floor playing.
"Snooze you lose," he shrugged with a giggle. Maeve, Jaz and Tony all laughed too as they were also playing. Debbie was in the kitchen tidying up from dinner, which was incredible, and despite Maeve's best attempts to help, the woman wanted her to enjoy her day and wouldn't let her help. Mason lay across the sofa behind them on his phone, in what he described as a "food coma". Maeve was a little worried as he didn't quite seem his usual bubbly self, but she trusted he was telling the truth that he was just tired and too stuffed to move. Summer was sat on the floor behind Jaz playing with her new toys that she had got for Christmas, the snow falling outside the patio as the scent of food and sound of laughter only just overthrew the Christmas songs playing in the background. Everything felt so perfect. For everyone. Everyone, except Mason. He was happier than ever that he had the love of his life with him and felt so wonderful, but not perfect. Not yet.

Private messages : money mase and ricey boy

money mase
I don't think I can do this man
I'm so scared

ricey boy
Of course you can
Deep breaths
It'll be worth it in the end

money mase
And what if it's not
What if it's too soon
She might not want it

ricey boy
Bro trust me
That girl loves you more than anything on the world
The days you weren't together were the worst days of my life having to see you both like that
Without you she's not complete
And without her you're not complete

money mase
You're right
I'll message you later

ricey boy
Good luck
Brother in law

"Masey?" Summer stood infront of the boy who was still lying across the sofa, her favourite new doll in hand to show him.
"Hey, baby, what have you got there?!" He enthusiastically spoke to the young child, opening his arms for her.
"Look, it's aunty Mouse," the girl spoke, showing him the princess doll. Masons heart warmed, knowing how much his precious niece looked up to his precious girl. In a way, he also looked up to her - his princess, his light on the dark days, his sunshine in the storm. And that's how he knew he needed her forever.

His family were all in on the plan, apart from Summer of course, who at the little age of three would have no idea what was happening. Lewis was to change the music from Christmas music, to "perfect" by Ed Sheeran - the song that had become theirs that summer, that they playfully slow danced to round Maeve's room at SGP. Debbie would come back in from the kitchen and turn the main lights off, so it was just the roaring fire, the warm Christmas tree lights and numerous candles displaying warmth and light in the room. Mason took a deep breath, standing up from the sofa as the atmosphere in the room immediately changed. The lights went off, the music began and the family members that had previously been sat on the floor jumped up and moved to the sofas.
"Mase! It's our song!" Maeve also jumped up off the floor, skipping towards the boy and using her hands to pull him up off the sofa, as he laughed, jumping up and wrapping his arms tightly around her.
"That's right, baby," he whispered into her hair as he delicately placed kissed all over her. The whole room moved their conversation to whispers, their eyes still on the couple.
"Actually, Maeve, I asked Lewis to put this song on next," Mason smiled, looking down at her, pulling her into the centre of the room, the music lowering slightly. She flicked her eyes around, feeling everyone's gaze excitedly on them.
"What-what's happening?" She asked, looking up to his eyes as he kept his hands gently around her small wrists. He took a deep breath, and knew it was time to start.
"Maeve, my mouse, my MJ, I know I haven't got you anything for Christmas because, well, we agreed we weren't doing presents. But I did want to give you this little piece of my mind," the boy started, putting on a face of a lot more confidence than he felt. The girl blushed slightly, failing to remove her gaze from his.
"To be honest, there was so much I wanted to say to you tonight, surrounded by my family and the people that mean the most to me. But now, it's just all gone," he laughed, shaking his head, causing the room to laugh. "But I know the basics of it. The basics being that I adore you insanely, I look into your eyes and to be honest, I do forget everything I wanted to say. Everything I've thought about, all I can focus on is the future I see in those beautiful brown eyes. Since the day I met you, that first night at yours and Declan's, I remember feeling something I'd never felt before. When I paused my game of fifa and first lay my eyes on you, I knew I saw something in you that I'd never seen in anyone before. A soul mate, a destiny. And to this day, I still feel that. I can't be without you, baby. My god, I can't even imagine trying to live without you. And that's why," he inhaled a deep breathe, his eyes watering as he watched tears run down his angels face. He reached over to his dad, who handed him the small velvet box, Debbie and Jaz both wiping their eyes as Maeve cupped her face, the love of her life now down on one knee.
"Maeve-Jasmin Muis, Will you marry me?"