S2. Part four

Walking through St George's Park, the team felt nothing but pride. Memories of that summer, of the World Cup, of the euros. Dec held Lauren's hand tight, remembering this was where he was when he first got a dm from that fan, not knowing she was about to become the love of his life. Jack was already unable to see straight, his arm tightly around Sasha as she attempted to hold him up as they walked towards the main hall, but was also fairly out of it herself.
"I'm so glad you agreed to come," Mason smiled to maeve as he rubbed her thumb against the back of her hand that he was holding. She had been adamant she wasn't coming, but surprisingly she felt quite lively today and couldn't resist spending the evening with her husband and their best friends. She smiled back to him, placing a kiss on his cheek. Everyone entered the main hall, which was dark without the main lights on, just red, white and blue lasers and disco lights reflecting through the room. Tables were set up around the outside of the room containing stacks and stacks of alcohol, bowls full of snacks and plates covered in pizza.
"Yes lads!" Southgate shouted, entering the room in a white polo shirt and navy shorts, not in his usual suit or field clothes. This earned a laugh from everyone as he greeted all his players individually, but in a friendly playful way.
"Wow, maeve, you're looking great! How long do you have to go?" He asked, as he pulled away from his handshake with Mason and turned his gaze to the girl.
"Thank you! I'm surprisingly feeling well today! I have one month left," she rubbed her belly, feeling Mason gently stroking her back as he pulled her tightly into him.
"Wonderful, I truly am so happy for you both. Do you know the sex?" He asked, his eyes flicking between the couple in excitement.
"We do, but we're keeping it as a surprise for when...they're...born," Mason smirked, nearly letting it slip already. Maeve smiled, truly excited to meet their child. A mini Mason.
"Well I can't wait to meet them, and I truly do wish you the best for the remainder of your pregnancy, and labour. If you need anything at all, I'm only a call away," he assured the couple, giving them both a hug before moving on to talk with more of his team and their partners.
"I can't wait to meet him," Mason whispered, turning to her and taking both of her hands in his, pulling them to his mouth for a gentle kiss, his eyes still locked in hers. She blushed, smiling. No matter how long they were together, whether married with a baby on the way, or just meeting for the first time, she'd always felt the same. Always the obscene amount of butterflies, the way her heart slipped a beat at his eye contact, the way he took her breath away with a single look.
"I love you," she smiled to him.
"I love you more, Mrs Mount," he smirked, never tiring of getting to call her this. His dream girl, his wife, the mother of his child, the love of his life. He gently moved a piece of her brunette hair behind her ear, before passionately attaching his lips to hers.

The party continued on for hours for the boys, little did they notice Maeve's distance. Mason of course stayed by her side every second he physically could, but even he couldn't see her struggle.
"Just going to the toilet, princess," he kissed her head as he stumbled towards the door, heading for the toilet. She took a deep breath, and made her way to her best friend.
"Jude," she whispered, tapping him on the back as he stood talking to Shaw and McGuire.
"Jude," she spoke abit louder, her voice shivering slightly.
"Hey, mouse, You good? Where's mase?" He spoke, slightly concerned as he turned and realised how pale she was looking.
"He's gone to the toilet, Jude I think I'm having a panic attack," she attempted to explain to him, trying to take deep breaths as tears formed in her eyes.
"What? Why? What's happened?" He asked, quickly placing his hand on her shoulder.
"You don't look too well, mouse," Shaw chipped in, placing the back of his hand on her forehead.
"It's just, I haven't been around this many people since I've been pregnant, I always get social anxiety but normally I can drink and it helps but right now everyone around me is drunk and I can't talk to anyone and I don't want to tell mason how I feel because he'll make us go home and that's not fair on him and I've already ruined his career by having a baby and I don't want to ruin his night aswell and,"
"Maeve! Maeve-Jasmin, calm down. Please. If not for you, for your baby. I understand how you feel, but I promise you you haven't ruined his life, you've made his life complete! You wouldn't ruin his night either, you're his priority always. Look, he's coming over, just tell him how you feel. I promise it won't ruin anything," Jude assuringly told his best friend, stroking her shoulder as he did. She looked to the floor, nodding, before she felt hands on her waist.
"Hey gorgeous, hey lads," mason smiled, unaware of the situation he'd walked in to. Judes smile was subtle and forced, indicating him something was wrong, as he positioned himself next to Maeve and noticed her face.
"Oh baby, talk to me. What's happened?" He used his thumb to wipe her tear, cupping her face with his hands as he placed a kiss on her head.
"I'm sorry mase. I didn't mean to ruin your night. I'm just feeling really, overwhelmed and anxious,"
"Baby, that's ok. That's completely understandable. I'm so sorry I didn't notice. But you're doing incredibly, and you make me so proud. Here, let's get some water. Do you want to go home? We can leave now if you want," he told her, still stroking her face gently.
"No no, I don't want to ruin your night. I'm going to go and get some fresh air, then I'm sure I'll feel better," she placed a kiss on his cheek, and before he could protest anymore, she was rushing for the door.