♥ Chapter Three ♥

Sometimes, you need to defeat yourself in order to win
                               - Jasmine

____________________________________

Jasmine's POV

The cub drops me off at the Da Vinci Enterprise.

I make my way to the front desk and there sits a blond majestically - or dramatically - dressed. I swear her shirt buttons are going to pop off any second from now. Her face is baked in make-up and her lips coated a bold red color.

“ Hi I'm here for the interview with Mr Black” I say in a voice that I hope is bold.

“ you're four minutes late” She says not even sparing me a glance. She calls who I assume is Mr Black and after a minute or two, she turns my way with a scowl on her face
“ 28th floor” she says and continues with whatever she was doing on her phone

I guess that's my que. I mutter a small ‘thank you’ as I make my way to the elevator, which luckily has no people inside. I press the button for the 28th floor and anxiously await for the doors to open. I take a deep breath, in and out. The doors open and I make my way to the huge office with big glasses.

All for bear

I knock on the door and enter when I hear a ‘come in’ from the inside. First of all, this office is huge. There's so much too see in here. I can even see the city from where I'm standing. In the middle of the room slightly to the big windows behind, is a wooden shiny desk with papers and computer neatly organized. Sitting behind the chair is a brown haired man with grey eyes and tattoos peaking from the neck. He's wearing a white button down shirt and maroon dress pants, a rolex on his wrist and gold chain around his neck. His appearance screams money.

“ Take a seat Miss Wells” Mr Black says in a warm friendly voice

“ Good morning Mr Black” I say as I place my butt on the surprisingly warm chair

“ Good morning Miss Wells, You can call me Lorenzo. Mr Black makes me feel like an old man” He says flashing me his white pearls

“Alright Mr... I mean Lorenzo” I say and he chuckles. I give him my file and he analyzes it.

After what feels like forever when it's actually five minutes tops, Mr-Lorenzo sits back in his chair and scans my face. I try to maintain eye contact but this man is scaring me a bit.

“ Miss Wells your file shows that you have a son am I correct?” He asks in a straight voice.

“ Yes. H-he's four years old” I say with a small stutter. Are they not going to consider me because of my baby?

“ Being a PA requires a lot of determination and discipline. We need to be sure you won't leave any task incomplete because of an ‘emergency” Lorenzo says

Really? These people won't consider me because I have a son who might need me at certain times. Wow so low for having that friendly face  Lorenzo

“Alright Miss Wells, it was nice chatting with you. We'll be in touch” Lorenzo says as he passes me the files

“ Um thank you. I'll be waiting for your call” I say defeated.

I get up and make my way out of the office. I press the elevator button and immediately get in when it opens. They're a couple of people in it this time but I don't even spare them a glance. The elevator doors open to the lobby and I make my way out the building.
________________________

I get home and go to miss Jones' apartment for Bear. I knock once and a tall dark skinned man opens the door

“ Hey beautiful ” He says and I sigh. Not this again

Meet Jack. One of Miss Jones' sons. He goes to some college or something and he's a complete man whore. He was here the week we moved in and he's been trying to get in my pants since.

“ Hi Jack. Is miss Jones in? I'm here for Lucas” I say.

“ She's sleeping but you can come in. She's a heavy sleeper, she won't hear a thing” he finishes his sentence with wink and I mentally gag.

“ Can I have my son please” I snap, which I rarely do.

Jack raises his hands in mock surrender and goes in for bear. Don't get me wrong, Jack is hot. Like really hot. With his brown eyes, messy curls on top of  his head and dimples to die for. He's just a man whore.

“ Mommy!” Bear's excited voice brings me back and I get down on one knee to give him a hug.

“ There's my little bear ” I carry Luca to our apartment after saying thank you to Jack who just licked his lips.

Men

I go to my room to change as Bear tells me about his day and how much he hates the cats

“ I swear mommy they're always looking at me. Mr whiskers even licked my hand” Bear says with disguste laced his voice. I let out a chuckle before replying.

“ He did not. What did you do after he licked it” I dramatically gasp and give him my full attention.

“ I pushed him o-off the chair. B-but I didn't mean to I swear I said sorry to Mr whiskers and miss Jones” Bear says with his eyes glistening.

“ Come here” I open my arms and he runs to me. Enveloping him in a hug, he cries his heart out

“ I swear I didn't mean to mommy. I-I didn't want to hurt him” Bear cries

“ I know bear. Please don't cry. Let's get you something to eat then we can go to the mall for your comic books, okay my love” I say as Bear silently nods.

I pick him up and make my way to the kitchen for Bear's lunch-ish.

What a day

♦I wish I had a twerking emoji 😩😂

And chapter three is dooooone🎉💞🕺🏼