♥ Chapter Forty Four ♥

Unedited!!

.

     •••••••••• Jasmine••••••••••••✓

.

     ‘‘Ow!’’ I softly let out a startled scream, my face distorting into a look of pain and my hand races to the now throbbing spot in my forehead as I watch the orange roll of my body onto a soft fluffy white rug under my body.

    ‘‘Oops!’’ My face snaps at the grinning face accountable for my aching head. Steve. I glare at him as he returns my cold expression with his smiling one filled with sunshine.

    ‘‘Why on earth would you do that?’’ I ask as my face returns to it's natural position. I get up from the carpet we're currently seated on and move to the kitchen to rinse my empty glass that once held red wine.

    ‘‘You zoned out on me!’’ He grumbles out like the kid he can be sometimes. I roll my eyes at his response as I make my way back to sit close to him.

   ‘‘Well that doesn't mean you should wack me with a stupid orange, dumbass ’’ I say playfully pushing him

    ‘‘Same thing’’ He lets out an amused laugh, pushing me back.

     I smile at him, shaking my head in the process.

   I look around at the living room that has floor to ceiling windows on the right side of the room showcasing the busy city, the walls are a white color matching the white marble floors and leather seats stationed near the window and the middle of the huge room. There are black and white pillows accompanying the couch and black and white decor placed around the area, all the way to the wooden white dining table near the kitchen. It's an open plan area and the white soft closing cabinets and marble island taking the attention of the anyone walking in the apartments. The kitchen is adorned with stainless steel appliances and a huge chandelier in the center of it. It was marvelous.

     It's been three months since I left Viano's house. I originally rented another apartment but I was ambushed by Viano's men and kidnapped! Okay maybe not kidnapped but they brought me to this apartment that reeked money. It was the only way Viano was letting me out of his sight and as much as I didn't want anything to do with him, I accepted the offer. And he reminded true to his words as much as I slightly despise that. I haven't seen him since I left and he has not tried to contact me in any way possible. It's like we're strangers now.

   I know this is what I wanted but I still find myself thinking about him time to time. Reminiscing about what we would have become. What was in store for us in our journey together. But I guess our paths weren't destined to cross but travel alongside the other like those of a railway. Cause we can't seem to get rid of the connection we have.

    He still thinks we're in danger and him having us stay in this apartment assures him of our safety. I just think he's keeping us here because we know too much as he thinks I'll run off and spill my guts to the first person I meet. Still doesn't trust me. And to prove that he's still in control of my movements even from afar, he has Pablo watching my every movements like a hawk. Pablo's pretty cool though, I'll give him that.

  But in the positive side, I've gotten much close to Steve, Jack and Eliza in the past months. Eliza is Jack's sister and I met her two months ago when she was visiting from college. She's like the female friend I've always wanted. We're all pretty much cool and click so well. I've also spent quality time with Bear like the old times and strengthened our bond. He still speaks to Rio but strictly on facetime. I don't want my child anywhere near those men.