♥ Chapter Twenty Four ♥

............... OTTAVIANO...............

" Shit" I hear my father mumble under his breath.

I can feel my mood changing in a blink of an eye. I let out a groan before falling back down on the bed. This is some bullshit.

  "Don't start" my father whispers at me and I reward him with an eye roll.

"Hey mom" Rio's over excited voice booms in the awkward silence that embraces my room.

I see them hug and painfully watch my brother smiling in the face of an enemy. He doesn't know. My "mother" returns his kind gesture with her wide dimpled smile that I used to love very much. She smothers Rio's face with kisses, making him pull away from her with a disgusted face.

  "I'm too grown for that" Rio says picking up his bitch before taking a sit at his previous spot.

"You're never too grown for me. You two will always be mommy's little boys" She says making her way towards me

  "Tell that to your grumpy son" Rio points at me and I roll my eyes at him trying to get me talk to her.

  Why can't he learn to shut up?

  " How are you feeling sweetie?" Sofia says reaching her hand out, trying to feel my temperature.

I hold her hand before she could touch me. I don't like being touched by her.

   "Don't fucking touch me" I let out a growl before pushing her hand away from my face.

  I first handedly watch the sadness that takes over her face with no remorse whatsoever. This woman ruined not only mine but everyone's lives in this room. And what irks me the most is my father acting like nothing happened. He still considers her his wife and praises her like she's a good person. All I see is betrayal when I look at her. I see nothing but the person that pushed my very own blood to death. It's all her fault.

  "Ottaviano" my father calls out my name in warning, but at this very point, I don't give a fuck. Matter of fact, fuck him and his perfect wife.

  "Fuck off" I say trying to sit up but fail again. Maybe it wasn't a great idea to be off my meds for over a month.

  "Why are you always rude to mom. She's nothing but nice to us" Rio says glaring at me.

Nice?

I scoff at that.

"You don't know shit. And the day you know what this woman did to this family, is the day you'll regret ever going near her" I say before standing up successfully this time.

  " What are you talking about? " Rio asks as his face morphs into a confused expression.

  " Why don't you ask your mother, I'm sure she would love to narrate her greatest achievement "

  " You think I'm proud of that? I was just doing what I thought was right for her! Maybe if you were present you would have known what she wanted! " Sofia yells and my entire mood goes from thirty to a hundred.

  I guess my father notices the change in my mood because he shakes his head at me. But fuck him for always trying to protect the very person that destroyed me. When it comes to her, it's always fuck me. He always picks her over me.

  " You're right Sofia, it's my fault for staying up all night doing whatever it took to ensure the security of this family!. It's my fault for giving up on what I wanted because this family needed me to! And it's my fault for being born to parents like you! All my fucking fault Sofia! But not anymore. You all can go to hell for all I care. You're dead to me "

  I rip the IV out of my arm ignoring the blood that trails down my hand from the cut I just made on my wrist. Ignoring Sofia's cries and apologies. Ignoring my father's pleas to come down. Ignoring the break in my brother's voice when he calls my name. Above all, ignoring the family that put me through hell only to crucify me for someone else's crime.

   I walk out of the room ignoring the different desperate voices that call out to me. I make my way out of the house that I shared so many memories in. Both good and bad. I walk away from the house that natured me into the person I am today. I walk away from the house that shelters the people that broke me and acted like I did it to myself. The people that turned a blind eye to my pain. The people that I called my own, the ones I thought will always protect us no matter what came our way. But I was so wrong. I gave my all to the people that didn't hesitate to stub me in the back the second I turned away from them.

   If this is what family should look like, then I don't want anything to do with it. I'd rather isolate myself from everyone if it means having a little bit of sleep.

I lost myself trying to save others.

    Between solving their problems and managing the family business from a young age, I forgot to live. I forgot what it feels like to smile and have people that generally care about you. I don't even know who the person is when I stare in the mirror.

   And what hurts the most is everyone turning a blind eye to all of it. It's like to them, nothing ever happened.

      I have no idea how I came here but I'm glad I did. I get out of my car making my way towards the front of the line. The security at the door doesn't waste any time opening the matte black doors when he sees me approaching. I don't pay any mind to his greetings. I make my way straight to the bar area waving the barista over.

   "Boss man" he calls in acknowledgement.

  "Whiskey. Keep it coming" I say and he turns to get my drink without questions. Time to get fucked.

   I zone back in after hours of drinking and pushing drunk sluts off of me. I play with the cold glass holding the rich dark brown liquid, before tilting the glass to my lips pouring the remnants of the liquid in the my mouth. I have no fucking idea what number of glass think is. I stopped counting after my 6th glass.

   I get up feeling a wave of dizziness wash over me. I quickly shake it off before making my way through the crowd of drunkards and horny stinking bastards, towards the door. I pass by a different security who's shift probably started a few hours ago, that means it's past midnight. He offers to have someone drop me off but I just wave him off. I can't go home. I'm not ready to fight the demons there.

  I get in my car, speeding off to the only place I know will bring me a little bit of peace. How? I can't explain that. I ignore the horns from the angry people I overtake each time. I don't care about the cops, they know better than to cross me. Hell I fucking own the state and they know that. The whole president bullshit is a front to keep my identity a mystery. This country wouldn't survive without me. I literally rule the country and all the people see are my puppets in suits acting "president". But at the end of the day, they come back to my chambers to receive new orders. Pathetic.

   I park in front of the lobby doors not giving a shit about rules and regulations for the building.

  "Excuse me sir, who are you" an annoying voice of a white lady at the front desk calls out to me. Do I stop? No.

   I do what I have been doing all day today, I ignore her and continue with my journey to the elevator. I walk inside the elevator when it opens thanking God there's no one in it. I press the 9th floor before taking a deep breath. I have no idea what I'm doing here but I'll definitely regret this in the morning.

   I walk to the white door with the number 9C on it before knocking. Loudly might I add.

Another chapter down y'all 💙🙃

I hope you'll enjoy the vulnerable side of Viano.

Tell me what you think about it ♦