3

"No games, agent

"No games, agent."

Three weeks later

Three weeks had passed since Yelena Romanoff's arrest.

She had been calm, never seeking a fight or causing chaos.

She would joke with the guards sometimes, earning a hint of a smile.

She had no friends, she was always a loner.

Many tried to socialize with her in prison, but she would stay silent and glare at them till they would go away.

BAU

"Who would do this?" JJ asked as they looked at some pictures on the board.

On an abandoned building, 'You got the wrong one' written in blood.

"Do you think this is a message to the law enforcement?" Derek asked as he looked at the pictures.

"Maybe, maybe not." Emily spoke as she raised her brows.

"Do we have some security footage?" Hotch asked as JJ nodded, hitting a button on the remote.

They watched the video of three figures in black clothing.

"Wait- go back three seconds and pause." Spencer said as JJ did so.

The video paused as they got a glimpse of a man with a beard. "Zoom in." He began as they got a face.

"Garcia, you know what to do." Hotch said as she nodded with a smile.

"Let the magic begin." She left the conference room as she went to her own.

-

A while later, Garcia gave them some information.

The man in the video was a friend of Yelena Romanoff, an acquaintance.

She once went to jail and he kept sending her letters with secret acronyms and messages, apparently.

"I guess we should pay a visit to Romanoff." Hotch spoke as they all stood up.

"JJ, I want nothing leaked to the press, let's keep this quiet." He ordered as she nodded and left the room as well, leaving Derek, Emily, Hotch and Spencer.

Hotch ordered Derek and Emily to check out the place, while him and Spencer went to see her.

-

Hotch and Spencer sat on the chairs as Romanoff was being led to the same room with her hands cuffed behind her back.

"Hey, Johny. What's the matter? Scared?" She chuckled darkly as the guard backed away.

"Don't worry, I don't bite." She called as he looked away.

She entered the room. "Well, look who it is, father-son bonding trip?" She asked as she sat in the chair, slouching.

Hotch kept his firm expression as Spencer took out the files, spreading them over the table with shaking hands.

"Don't be nervous, genius." She spoke as he looked at her and then back down to the files.

"Do you know this man?" Hotch asked as he slid a picture of a man in front of her.

She clenched her jaw as she glanced at the picture and then back up quickly.

"No." She answered shortly. He saw straight through her lie.

"Yes, you do." He told her as she looked up at him in anger.

"What if I do? It doesn't matter, anyway." She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, it does." He slid her the picture of the message on the wall as she furrowed her brows, looking at the picture.

"Did he do that?" She asked with anger written all over her face.

"Yes, we don't know what it means, maybe you could tell us." Spencer suggested as she looked up at him.

"What do I get in return?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side.

"No death penalty." Hotch suggested as she narrowed her eyes at him.

She didn't say anything as he sighed. "Five years off." He suggested as she scoffed.

"Ten." He continued as she still kept her firm expression.

"Fifteen." He spoke as she tilted her head.
"Ding, ding, ding, agent." She smirked.

"I would shake your hand now, but.." She smiled sarcastically as she raised her cuffed hands.

"You've already been cuffed and escaped. Why didn't you escape this time?" Spencer asked as Hotch looked at him. She just looked away, ignoring him.

"Unless you don't want to escape, because you took your revenge and felt nothing. It didn't fill the void, it wasn't enough. So you stopped fighting." Spencer began as she shot him a look.

"Why didn't you escape?" Hotch asked, he knew he was pushing her buttons.

"Because they'll catch us again." She spoke softly, enough for them to hear though.

"Who?" Hotch asked. She pursed her lips as she looked down.

"Release me and I'll tell you all about it, Aaron." She tilted her head.

She saw him hesitating, Spencer looking at him with a confused expression.

Hotch looked at the guard and gave him a quick nod.

The guard went to release her as she sighed in relief, rubbing her wrists.

"Did you know I never lasted an hour with these?" She chuckled as he said nothing.

"Fine," She went back to sit in the chair.

"The man I used to work for, he had us all kidnapped and tortured, like his army. Me and my sister were the only ones who escaped, along with another one, Alaska Ivanov. But she's dead." She told them.

"General Dreykov?" Hotch asked as she nodded.

"He locked us up in the Red Room, for five years, it was actually like army school, but more violent." She scoffed as she looked away.

"What did you do there?" Spencer asked out of curiosity.

"Learn how to fight, starve, and get tortured if you didn't do as they asked." She faced the floor way as she spoke.

"Where is the Red Room?" Hotch asked as she scoffed.

"Russia." She told them as Spencer and Hotch looked at each other.

"And you know where exactly it is?" Hotch asked as she nodded firmly.

Hotch stood up as Spencer did too.

"No games, Romanoff." He spoke as she nodded and stood up as well.

"She's going with us?" Spencer whispered as Hotch nodded, his gaze still on Romanoff.

"No games, Agent."