35

looking at each other

The long night ended, visiting some of Yelena's acquaintances.

Most of them- all of them being convicted dealers, criminals or neighbours.

The two were walking up the stairs to her apartment, sighing as they were longing for a good night of sleep.

"Oh, fuck." Yelena cursed. Spencer cursed as he followed her gaze.

Her apartment door was open.

She rushed into her apartment, holding her forehead as she was actually on the verge of a breakdown.

Spencer followed, his breath hitched at the view.

Blood smeared words on her wall:
YA tebya vizhu

"What is it?" Spencer asked, knowing it was Russian.

"It means 'I see you'." She muttered as his puzzled expression remained.

How? A camera?
Someone watching outside of her door?

How was it that the offender knew their every move?

She made her way to the couch, sitting as she dug her head in her hands.

Spencer stood in the entrance, his eyes fixed on the words as he was trying to piece them to something. Anything.

A groan was heard, multiple following after.

As Spencer went to walk out to see who it was she interrupted his move.

"Just stay here and don't make yourself too comfortable." She said, slightly pushing his chest back.

"Yelena!" The voice groaned as she sighed. "Yeah." She walked towards the man.

She slid her arm under his, supporting his weight as she led him to the apartment next door.

"Dude, where are your keys?" She asked him as he laughed, his head tilting back.

His breath signaled he was not only drunk, but completely wasted.

She knew before even getting close to him, not surprised as she was used to it.

"I forgot them at the bar." He told her with a grin.

"Fuck, Malcolm. How many times do I need to tell you about the keys?" She asked him as he kept laughing.

"Wait here." She tilted him on the wall while she quickly went into her apartment and took the extra keys she had to their home.

She made her way back as she unlocked his door, helping him in as she flopped him on the couch.

She made her way to the fridge and grabbed him some water and a bucket.

She gave him the bottle and set the bucket next to him.

"You're the best." He croaked as she went to walk out.

"You're the worst." She retorted sarcastically before slamming the door.

She walked back into her apartment. She noticed Spencer's confused expression, closing the door as she leaned on it.

"That," She pointed her finger to the door. "was Malcolm. And before you get all FBI questioning on my ass, he's not a problem. Like, at all." She told him, walking into the kitchen.

"Except when he steals my beer." She scoffed, opening a can of beer.

She grabbed another one, holding it up to Spencer.

"No, thanks. I- I can't." He stuttered. She nodded, putting it back into the fridge.

His expression faded a bit. He always felt left out because he refused to drink on almost any occasion.

"Hey, it's cool. Here." She threw a can of Coca-Cola to him.

He failed to grab it, the can hitting his forehead.

"Oh, shit." She spoke, looking at the small prickle of blood travelling down his forehead.

Spencer touched his head, blood on his fingers.

"So you can't even catch a can of Coke, Reid? What can you do?" She scoffed as she set her can of beer on the counter.

She grabbed a tissue, rushing to him as she motioned for him to sit on the couch.

He went to sit as she sat on the table, facing him.

She brought the tissue up to his forehead, grimacing as he winced at the slight pain. "Sorry." She muttered.

"It's fine." He looked down. She looked at his expression, his eyes mainly.

She wondered what was going through his head.

Spencer felt a gaze on him, looking up at her.

He stared into her big green eyes, so deep that he could read so much in.

Pain and suffering for the most part. She stared into his, reading the same things.

And in that moment, she realized that they were not so different from each other.

And maybe, just maybe they were the same.

She shook the thought away, she knew they weren't even close to being the same.

Only in an alternate universe where she wasn't herself, living another life, maybe.

But deep down, she knew they weren't so different.

Spencer's attributes were mainly related to his intelligence and parent issues from his childhood.

Yelena's were a bit different, really.

She was used, in every way possible, parent issues as well, her childhood robbed from her, growing up too fast and alone.

The tissue lowered from his head.

The two were stuck in each other's gaze, the sound of police cars, shouts of criminals and drunks laughing in the streets seemed to blur out.

And in one quick motion, their lips found each other.

Yelena's hands cupping his face as they moved, their bodies connecting as they kissed passionately.

All feelings disappeared, only euphoria running through their veins.

She slowly rose from her seat, her lips still on his as he lifted his head up.

She lowered to his level, Spencer's back slowly laying on the couch as the blonde had her knee in between his leg as her hands stayed on his cheeks.

His hands traveled up to her waist slowly. A moan left his mouth unexpectedly.

He knew he craved this for a long time, too long.

But it seemed to be so unreal, too good to be true.

"Fucking hell." She muttered in between kisses.

She straightened her back as she took off her shirt, Spencer's eyes widening.

"Like the view, Reid. Don't get too excited." She wore a smug smile she lowered to his neck, leaving a trail of hickeys on his necks as she approached his chest.

"Can I?" she asked him, looking up at him through her lashes with a smirk.

He nodded, his hands lowering to his shirt, the blonde interrupting him as she set her hands on his.

"Let me do that." She told him as his cheeks flushed. She began to lift his shirt, her eyes on his as she did so.

Their heated movements continued along the night, the both of them panting as they laid next to each other.

They looked at each other, sweating as they stayed like that for a while.