11

"It doesn't take a profiler  to see right through the mask

"It doesn't take a profiler  to see right through the mask."

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Spencer went to ask as he looked at her with concern on his face.

"Could be better. Where's the blonde?" She asked as he pursed his lips.

"She had to go back, they needed her at work." He told her as she nodded.

"Oh." She spoke as Spencer nodded awkwardly, sitting in the seat beside the bed.

She was so tired.

She was certain she could sleep for days if there wasn't the constant beeping of the machine beside her and the many people barging in, talking with her.

Well, to her. She didn't talk much.

-

"Well, look who it is." Yelena spoke as Morgan appeared.

He smiled, "How you doin', Romanoff?" He asked her as he went to stand beside her.

"Great." She told him sarcastically as he chuckled.

"So, Reid and Emily are talking with the doctor about when you'll be released." He informed her as she nodded.

"Glad to be leaving this shithole soon." She muttered as he shook his head with a smile.

-

A while later, they all had to leave. She didn't expect them to stay long, of course.

She was just beginning to shift in the bed as the door swung open.

Spencer walked in and closed the door.

"Hi." He greeted as she smiled and nodded. "Hey." She greeted shortly.

He went to sit on the chair, "You feeling okay?" He asked her.

She sighed and thought about everything that happened in the last couple of months.

She's an ex-convict now, working for the BAU as a Special Agent.

She arrested a criminal on her first day.

Another criminal shot her on her first day. She survived.

And now she's in the hospital, recovering.

"Good?" She replied, it sounded more like a question than an answer to his question.

"Okay." He tried not to pry, just staying silent.

"Hey, can I borrow your phone for a second?" She asked him as he nodded, handing her his phone as she dialed a number on it.

"Garcia." She spoke, what Yelena found unusual.

"Guess who's back, hot stuff." She told her as she heard Garcia squeal.

"Oh my God, I'm coming right now." She told her quickly.

Yelena laughed as she held the phone closer to her ear.

"No, you have work, Garcia! I'll expect some gossipping later when you're done." She told her with a smile.

"You got it, honey." Garcia smiled as they both hung up.

Yelena handed the phone back to Reid. "Feeling better?" He asked her as she nodded.

"Definitely." She told him as he looked down and chuckled.

"What?" She asked as he shook his head.

"What, Reid?" She asked him as he looked up.

"I just rarely see you smile." He told her as she chuckled, looking away.

"It's hard to when you don't have much to smile about."

She fiddled with her fingers in her lap as a sad expression made its way on Spencer's face.

"Well, I guess that's just life, right?" She asked him with a weak smile, he saw right through it, though.

It doesn't take a profiler that much to see right through the mask.

-

Spencer decided to let her rest for the night.

She was slowly drifting to sleep.

Well, that was unitl the door burst open, Garcia rushing in the room with a big grin on her face.

Yelena rubbed her eyes as she straightened up.

"There you are!" Garcia exclaimed with a smile as she went to hug Yelena.

Not only did Yelena hate physical contact, it hurt now because of the wound.

She winced as Garcia quickly realized her mistake and pulled away.

"Right, sorry." She apologized as Yelena nodded with a smile.

Even though she was in pain, Garcia being there with her was enough to make her forget it.

The blonde made herself comfortable on the chair as she set her purse on the little table, reaching in it and pulling out all kinds of stuff.

"Sorry I didn't bring more." Garcia spoke as Yelena's eyes widened.

In a matter of seconds, the little was full of food and drinks.

Chinese, some chocolates, candy and two coffees and some water.

"You're kidding, right?" Yelena spoke as Garcia shook her head with a smirk.

"We have some talking to do, girl." She said as she plopped in the seat, shifting as she found a comfortable position.

She began talking about all the drama happening at work.

Not that there was much, she was mostly talking about the group.

And how she met a man this morning at the hospital, who was 'so sexy, he could turn any man gay in a second', she quoted.

"What did he look like?" Yelena asked as Garcia began rambling about his hair and facial features.

Yelena had a weird feeling.

As if she knew the man.