33

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

She turned on the lights, dropping her keys on the table as she flopped on the sofa.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Ruby asked her, standing in the middle of the small hall.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" She asked as she closed her eyes, her arms under her head as silence filled the room.

"You know I don't." He told her with a sassy smile as he flopped on her knees.

"Hey, what happened to personal space?" She asked him.

"You tell me, the woman punching bad guys and spitting on them." He huffed. She furrowed her brows.

"How d'you know about that?" She asked him seriously.

"You were on the news." He told her excitedly.

"Fuck." She sighed as she tilted her head back.

"It was awesome, you should've seen it!" He exclaimed, mimicking her punch as he fisted his little hand in the air.

"That is not awesome, I could've got in serious trouble for that. Well, we wouldn't know till tomorrow." She said, mumbling the last part.

"Why?" He asked, looking up at her. "Because that's not our job, believe it or not. We just catch bad guys." She told him.

"Oh." He simply said. "But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a few things." She told him with a smirk, as he looked up at her, mirroring her expression.

"Hey, you said we would go for ice cream later." He told her with a frown.

"I don't think I'm up to going out, sorry kid." She said as she got up to go to her room.

"Okay." He said softly. She looked behind her, Ruby going to sleep on the couch. She sighed, feeling guilty.

She knew he didn't have those things with his parents, his real parents.

His drunken father and his mother who left him because of his father.

She walked towards the couch. "So, what do you recommend? Strawberry or chocolate?" She asked him as she went to grab her keys.

He got up with a devilish grin, "Both." He told her surely.

"Alright, weirdo." She told him, opening the door as she waited for him to put on his shoes.

As he grabbed his jacket, she bowed before the door, "Your Majesty." She joked as he chuckled.

"Thank you." He bowed back as they both laughed.

She closed the door behind them as he suddenly grabbed her hand dragging her down the stairs.

"Hey, slow down, you're gonna break something and you know I can't afford that." She told him sarcastically.