38

Where is my mind?

Where is my mind?

She felt her head ache, her body in discomfort as she opened her eyes.

"Lena? Oh, my God. Here." She heard Penelope's voice speak as she handed Yelena a glass of water.

"Where am I?" Yelena asked as she straightened up.

She recognized her surroundings, she was back in the office.

She leaned her back to the couch as she sighed.

She set the glass of water on the small coffee table as she held her head in support.

"Who brought me here?" She asked. The last voice she heard was Owen's.

Was he back? Where did he go? Was he gonna stay this time?

Questions rose in her mind as Penelope went to answer.

"I called Derek." The blonde said as Yelena slightly furrowed her brows.

How did this happen? She heard Owen's voice, well she thought she heard it.

Was she really going crazy or was it the feeling of emptiness without Ruby?

"I- I brought you a sandwich, must be hungry." Penelope chuckled nervously as Yelena nodded slowly.

"Thanks, I owe you." She told Garcia.

"Nonsense, you just eat and I'll be right back, okay?" Penelope stood up and rushed out of the room.

Silence took over as she began eating the sandwich.

She reached into her pocket with her free hand, looking for her phone.

She furrowed her brows as she found her pocket empty.

A knock was heard on the door as someone walked in. It was JJ.

She wore an empathetic smile as she motioned to the couch, asking if she could sit next to Yelena.

She nodded as JJ sat next to her. "How are you doing?" She asked Yelena who looked down.

"I'm fine." She simply responded.

"Okay.." JJ trailed off as she leaned forward to Yelena's eye-level. "How are you doing?" She asked once again.

Yelena scoffed, "What do you want me to say? That I'm going fucking crazy?" She exclaimed as JJ's expression softened at how much pain her friend was in.

Yelena pinched the bridge of her nose. "Why didn't you tell us?" A voice asked, Hotch's.

He stood in the doorway, Spencer and Emily next to him.

"Where's my phone?" Yelena asked, not even looking up to show her annoyed expression.

"Romanoff. Why didn't you tell us?" He asked her again.