39

"Promise?"

"Promise?"

As they finally neared the given address, Yelena and Derek slowly walked into the house.

Derek gave her a nod as she went in first, the door was left open.

The unsub surely was expecting her after all.

She had her gun drawn, stress devouring her as she stayed alert to her surroundings.

'Where's that goddamn basement?' She thought to herself as she took slow steps.

Derek was far behind, trying to find a hiding place as he didn't want to endanger Yelena to 'suffer the consequences'.

She entered a room, it looked like someone was sleeping in the bed with a blanket over them.

As she noticed the blood pouring from the side of the bed, she realized it was a body. And it didn't look like an adult.

She took in a sharp breath, ripping off the blanket.

She sighed as she was faced with a doll, a note stuck on it.

'Tricked ya!' The note said.

She sighed as she continued. She walked out the room, walking through the hallway.

For a split moment, she saw someone pass by quickly.

Her head shot towards the direction as she took a few steps, sticking to the wall as she neared the corner.

She swiftly drew her gun higher as she turned the corner.

She continued down the other hall as she saw the stairs leading to a basement, maybe.

She slowly walked down as she saw a light. A red light.

As she made her way down, she was faced with a lamp attached to the ceiling, covered in blood.

"Like the color?" She heard a metallic voice ask.

She turned her head, a person in a black robe and a ghost mask, exactly like Ruby described.

"Where's Ruby?" She asked, her gun aiming at the person.

"Oh, he's not here, don't worry. Maybe I'll take him to get ice cream later. Well, after I kill you, that is." They chuckled as she tried to keep a straight composure.

He pulled out a knife as she was ready to shoot, only for someone grabbing her from the back by surprise.

Her gun was grabbed from her hand as a pair of strong arms restrained her.

"Let's have some fun, shall we?" The person in the robe spoke.

She felt a knife pierce through her skin as it was dragged down her arm.