Ch. 28 - ILLUMINATED

Aurora's outfit:

•🕯🔮🖤 •

Chapter Twenty-Eight🦊 Illuminated 🦊

🦊 Illuminated 🦊

"Where are you going, dressing up so nicely." Leah asked as she leaned against the doorway to Aurora's room, "Derek and I are taking the twins out. I told you yesterday that after I get off work we would take them out." Aurora said and Leah raised her eyebrows. "You're still doing that?" Leah asked as Aurora walked around her room, "Yeah, although we have to go outside of town due to the power outage." Aurora said and Leah playfully smirked.

"So this is like a little family date? A little mother-stepfather-kids date?" She asked making Aurora give her a look, "Bonding and Derek is not their stepfather." She said and Leah raised her eyebrows. "You wouldn't be making you boyfriend bond with your kids if you didn't want him to become their stepfather." Leah said making Aurora look at her weird.

"Why would I date someone who didn't have a bond with my kids?" Aurora asked and Leah shrugged, "Which he already does." She said and Aurora looked at her with raised eyebrows. "We could change plans and make it just a date between Derek and I and leave you to take care of the twins instead of having a few hours to yourself." Aurora said.

"Bye now!" Leah said as she walked out making Aurora chuckle and shake her head slightly.

🦊

"So why do I have to pick them up?" Leah asked as Aurora carried Maeve over to Leah's car outside the building of the loft, "I dont know Leah. Why do you think I'm having you take them home?" Aurora asked, giving Leah a look making realization cross over her features.

"Ohhh." Leah said and Aurora hummed and nodded, "That and because they're already falling asleep anyways." Aurora said. "Then I better go so you guys can have some alone time." Leah said giving Aurora a teasing look before walking over to the diver seat. "Bye loves." Aurora said as she looked through the backseat window at the twins.

"Bye bye." The twins both said as they tiredly wave at her making her smile at them before stepping back. Aurora walked over to Derek as Leah drove off, "And we are now child free." She said and he chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.