Ch. 66 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN

Aurora's outfit:

•🕯🔮🖤 •

Chapter Sixty-Six🌒 Maid Of Gévaudan 🌘

Chapter Sixty-Six
🌒 Maid Of Gévaudan 🌘

"That letter would eventually find its way into the hands of a young woman. A skilled hunter who would later face the Beast armed with nothing but a steel-tipped pike. She would be known by history as the Maid of Gévaudan... But her real name was Marie-Jeanne."

Lydia, Aurora and the still-injured Jordan were still in the bunker where Gerard and Argent are telling them what they know about the Beast. Aurora glanced over at Jordan to see he looks discouraged and overwhelmed after everything that he has just learned about his nature as the Hellhound.

"Maybe someone should resurrect her." He said before turning to walk out the door, but Aurora grabbed his hand, "Hey- Where are you going?" She asked as he turned to her. "My dreams aren't like Lydia's, Aurora. I'm not just a harbinger of death- I'm the cause of it." He said then turned to leave again making Aurora go to follow him.

"Jordan!" She called out and went to leave but Gerard stopped her, "Let him go." He said making her turn to him an annoyed look as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why?" She asked, "Because as much as we believe Parrish could take on the Beast... Neither of us think he's our only hope at stopping it." He said making both girls look at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Lydia asked, moving to stand next to Aurora, "We think there's another." He said as Gerard walked over. "You two." He said making Aurora and Lydia look at each other. "Marie-Jeanne was a lot like the two of you. Skeptical of her own abilities. And once, actually, just as skeptical of the supernatural..." Gerard said, starting to explain everything again.

"Why didn't he warn her?" Lydia asked a little while after Gerard told some of the story, "He told her about everything that they'd seen during the war. But, like I said... Marie-Jeanne was a skeptic. They searched from dawn 'til dusk, hoping to find the Beast where it slept. But, they knew they'd most likely only encounter it at nightfall. It was just after midnight when the first torch went out..."