PILOT

I slammed the door in my room. Jumping on the bed "I can't live here anymore, she turning into a total psycho" i say to myself.  I pick up my phone from the side table and start scrolling on Instagram. "I can't believe Sensei Lawrence has moved to Chicago to open yet another dojo. I should pay him a visit while he's here." I shut my phone and jump over to my desk, I open my laptop and search in Sensei's dojo's address.

———————
As soon as I get off work I text Harry to meet me at our usual spot. Harry & I have been best friends for 5 years now. He was one of the first friends I made when I shifted to Chicago. I had a little crush on him at the beginning but then soon he and Jane began to date, she's cool, so I didn't really mind when Harry told me about them. Anyways, it was just a little crush.

"Harry you son of a bitch, you always make me wait, I swear I don't understand how Jane puts up with you, if I were her, I'd have left you by now" I say out loud.

Harry still jogging towards me "I'm so sorry, but you know me I'm clumsy with time. C'mon now. I'll buy a book. Okay. Deal." he says.

"One of this days I'll have to build a library, you do realise you bought me like 7 books in the past 2 months only because you're late".

"Or is it because you refuse to forgive me unless you buy you one?" said Harry with a smug look.

"Fine" I respond.

We walked for a while talking about our day.

"I never really pegged you to be a karate champion to be honest" Harry said.

"I know neither did I, but back in high-school, karate was kind of like a source of survival. You know, I told you about all those fights and how the rivalry between Sensei Lawrence and Sensei LaRusso kind of made things worst" I replied.

"I still can't believe any of it, anyways will you be going to meet him?" asked Harry.

"Yes, I'm planning to visit him first thing tomorrow, before I head for the shoot" I replied.

———————

I could hear his voice as I approached the dojo

I could hear his voice as I approached the dojo. I peeped through the glass windows, Sensei Lawrence looked younger than I remembered him.

He also seemed fitter, but thing that hadn't changed was Sensei himself.

"Don't be a pussy, power that rage in you and punch him in his gut.....You, stop whining like a little bitch it's just punches"  said Sensei.

I opened the door and Sensei looked towards the door to check who it was, I could tell his face lit up, I was so happy to see him get happy to see me.

We looked at each other for a moment and bowed, I took off my shoes and stepped on the mat

"Class dismissed, go home and practice on punching techniques" said Sensei.

One of the kids protested that there's 10 more mins left.

Sensei said "you're right virgin, why don't you go and start cleaning those floor boards for tomorrow's lesson and also those glass windows, make sure to use only one hand"

The kid sighed before retiring to do so, "anybody else have any problem?" the remainder of the students ran out in unison.

"Yeah that's what I thought, what a pathetic bunch."

Sensei finally looked at me "Y/N, what a surprise. How long has it been? 5 years now? And look at you all grown up....I' sure you are breaking hearts out here"

"it has been that long. And thank you, i know it's real coming from you" I replied, totally blushing but trying to keep in check.

———————
Note for readers:

So I just published the 31st chapter and I decided to reread the book for some details. And I realised Pilot is the least interesting chapter I wrote 😂

In hindsight I could have made it better had I not been in a rush to write and publish the first draft of the first chapter of the first book. But it has been a journey 🍃

Also this book has a slow start, as I wanted to establish everything, but it gradually catches the pace.

Good luck readers, you are in for a ride✌🏻