23. Pineapple

Yoongi hurried to the counter but stopped buffed staring at the new client like fixed

Yoongi hurried to the counter but stopped buffed staring at the new client like fixed. They weren't moving an inch for a good minute until Tae cleared his throat.

"I... um... will sit there," he pointed at their table finally paying for his order then hurrying through the cafe with a burning red face.

"Hi, what was that?" Asked Jimin watching his friend.

"Um... what? Came to see if you're alive," Tae grabbed a chair from the opposite table then put it next to Jimin's.

"As you see I'm not only alive, but also amazing," Jimin leaned over the table to take Jungkook's hand and squeeze it.

Tae's face darkened, but he kept the comment for himself.

"So... you two are dating or something?" He asked not looking at any of them.

"Yes, we're dating."

"What about your mate?"

That question came like a thunder from the sky.

"What mate? I don't know what you're talking about," Jimin kicked Tae underneath the table giving him a sign to stop that subject.

"Thought you've been looking for your mate you've accidentally hooked up with at the party three months ago. That lost mate who smells like passion fruit and paint," said Tae emphasizing each word.

Jungkook jumped up, before Jimin could say a word the boy took his backpack sprinting out of the cafe.

"Do you always have to be a damn dick!" Yelled Jimin pushing Tae so he fell off the chair crushing on the floor.

Yoongi was pale frozen in the middle of the cafe with the coffee cup when Jimin passed him sprinting outside running down the street until he saw Jungkook's figure.

"Kookie! Jungkook! Wait!" He yelled running to finally catch up to the boy. "Please wait! What Tae has said is stupid shit. It doesn't mean a thing. Please don't be mad about something from the past, I want to be with you only!"

Jungkook wasn't looking at him his whole body trembling.

"I will go home now. Bring the rest of my stuff over to school tomorrow."

"Jungkook, please. Why? I don't understand."

"Bring my stuff," the boy didn't spare him a glance passing him.

"Where are you going?"

"Home."

"Don't go to your brother! What if he will hurt you!

Jungkook only shrugged.

"I can't have that!" Begged Jimin but the boy never turned back slowly walking down the street.

The doorbell was ringing for over fifteen minutes now, so Jimin sighed rolling out of the bed. It has been four days of total silence from Jungkook. Jimin has only seen him the next morning after their argument at school when he had brought Jungkook's drawing equipment and sketchbook over. The boy had a bruised lip, a blue eye and his brow was swollen, yet he had never even made eye contact with Jimin who was so mad, so angry he wished to kill someone, that asshole brother preferably.