41. Beef

5:22 pm, Jimin rubbed his face checking the watch

5:22 pm, Jimin rubbed his face checking the watch. Three and a half hour, it was as if someone has put a freaking timer into his head, like a bomb ticking until it explodes. The cafe, he had parked in front was a student's one, so his car was raising a lot of attention he completely ignored reaching to the passenger's seat for his leather jacket, tossing his a bit puffy and cried out face a hateful gaze in the mirror.

I hope at least she's my mate and it's not all for nothing, he thought clenching his fists. It was the anger leading him as he was so mad at Jungkook, even more at himself. Had he just never gotten involved, continued to have his fun with various girls, instead... don't think about it, he was begging himself but his mind was wandering towards Your Home store, where one tired, hungry and dizzy omega was definitely packing up small items for customers, looking more than flawless in that ugly brown uniform. He will be a little bit late for the treatment as after the shift he needs to change into that used black hoodie with three holes along the right sleeve, then he will wait for the bus in this starting rain and the cold, without even a jacket and his shoes were leaking through water...

Don't think about that, Jimin was trying to surpass those images pushing the cafe door open to ignore gazes some student girls were sending him, while he was looking the place up and down until noticing a skinny young woman with long black hair, who was sitting at a far table. She was wearing a plain black dress without any accessories to a gray cardigan, definitely a different type than all those women he has met before in that nonsense search.

"Minji, right?" Jimin stopped at the table so she nodded stretching her hand out he shook quickly.

There was absolutely no scent from her side so Jimin sighed sitting down unsure how to start this conversation.

"So..." Minji rubbed her hands against the dress, she seemed tense.

"Um... so as you for sure know I'm looking for my mate. I mean. You have been to my house party three months ago?"

"Yes I have been there," she leaned back on the chair.

Jimin began to tap his foot against the floor to still the awkwardness.

"So, what do you want from me?" Minji closed her palms over the tea cup that was half empty, she has definitely been here first and had waited for him.

Jimin sighed lifting the edge of his shirt to glance at the wristwatch - 5:37 pm.

"I wanted to ask you what your scent is," he muttered catching her gaze.

"I'm on suppressants," Minji fixed her eyes on the table.

"I've noticed that, so only you can tell me what your scent is."

"Why is it so important for you?" She asked when Jimin thought he will go insane and start to freaking yell at her.

"I have met my mate during that party," he started trying his best to stay calm. "I have hooked up with her, but I don't remember anything, just the scent. It has been three months of me going insane, I have checked literally anyone who had been to that party to find her, but... I don't know. I don't get that. If she's my mate isn't she missing me too, doesn't she want to meet again? Why is she hiding from me? Minji you are the last person on the guest list, it has to be you or I don't know anymore," Jimin felt as if he will freaking fall apart into millions of pieces, that illogicality of this situation coming to him in all shades, as he has never before thought about it.

Why would his mate hide from him, was she ashamed or disappointed, has the sex been bad?

"Jimin," Minji sighed her tone changing to soft. "You're a very handsome man, a very kind and thoughtful alpha, you're also a son of billionaire parents, so I guess any other woman in my place would use the position I'm in, would foul you into believing she's your mate, but... I'm not like that and you deserve better than someone lying to you."

"What?" Jimin opened his mouth in shock looking at her.

"My scent is cream and pine. I'm not your mate Jimin," her face was lit up by a genuine smile for the very first time since the start of their conversation.

"You are not? How? Who is it then? I have checked everyone," the hollow that opened inside him was so deep, his wolf howling from pain. "What now?" He asked as it was buzzing in his head.

So he will really never feel the scent of passion fruit and paint again?

"Jimin, why are you even looking for a girl?" Asked Minji kicking him off guard.

"What do you mean?"

"I have seen you on that party, when I had accidentally burst into the kitchen looking for more alcohol, where you had been all over that person kissing like no tomorrow and you had taken that person upstairs, but it wasn't a woman."

"What?" Jimin's legs bent underneath him and he was glad he was seated.

"It was a man, a bit younger than you, tall and handsome, with a body like wow and tattoos on his palm, a piercing in his lip, he could go for an alpha but his soft scent was giving out he's an omega," Minji was talking when all hair raised on Jimin's body, his voice raspy in his scratched throat when he fished out his phone clicking the photo roll.

"Minji, I will show you someone. I need you to be completely honest with me now. Is it him?" His heart not there anymore for sure when he stretched the phone her way placing Jungkook's photo on the table.

 Is it him?" His heart not there anymore for sure when he stretched the phone her way placing Jungkook's photo on the table

Thank you so much for your beautiful support. What do you think about the chapter and the things Jimin has heard from Minji? How will he react? What will happen now?

Much <3