Chapter 5

Rose:

The next day, I wake up to an annoying, constant knocking at the door. I drag myself out of the bed and swing open the door, looking up at a blurry Louis.

"What?" I mumble groggily.

"Breakfast is nearly over, get dressed quickly." He instructs me.

Instead of listening to him, I walk back into the room and flop onto the bed sleepily. I hear a soft groan that was laced with annoyance, then footsteps padding into my room. My head pounds and I rub my eyes, rolling over away from him.

"I'm not hungry." I mutter, burying my face into the soft pillows.

"I don't care if you are or aren't, you need to eat breakfast. We have a lot to do today, Rosalie." He says, his voice sounding exhausted.

"Just five more hours, Louis." I pat the spot beside me. "You need it too, just let's sleep." I yawn and lazily crawl under the maroon duvet.

"Five hours? No, you need to get up. I have places to be, which you are going to as well." He says, his voice, as always, clipped and sharp.

"I'm not going, I don't feel good." I mumble.

"Liam, yes, just toss the rest away or give it to some homeless people around the neighborhood. Miss Rosalie refuses to attend." Louis says, and I realize he's on the phone.

"Liam!" I shout in an attempt to be funny, but only end up weakly falling back against the pillows.

"Yes, go ahead. Thank you, Liam." Louis says and I hear the end button being pressed. I feel a hand on my forehead and cheeks, while my throat throbbed from the yelling.

"Your hand is sweaty." I mutter to Louis.

"Thanks." He mutters. "You have a fever, get back under the duvet." He adds, walking into the restroom.

Louis' POV:

I disappear into the bathroom and wash my hands before opening the cabinet above the sink. In the cabinet was multiple types of meds and such. I search for the precold tea with the medicine stuff in it, I remember my mum making it for me all the time. It was warm and sweet, definitely would help her throat feel better.

I take out my phone and dial Liam again. "Could you bring up some warm water please?"

"Like a kettle sir?"

"Yes, that would do. Along with some cups." I add. He says he will and I hang up, putting my phone back into my pocket. I grab the box of tea and saunter back into the other room, where Rose laid on top of the sheets in a plain tank top and black shorts.

"Rose, to break that fever you have to get under the covers." I scold her.

She opens her eyes to glare at me, her lips parted slightly as she breathes heavily. A thin layer of sweat is visible on her forehead as her cheeks flushed red, clearly her temperature had risen.

"It's too hot." She murmurs.

I walk over to the fan above her bed and pull the string twice, setting it to its second power. It blows on her and she sighs in relief when the cool air hits her clammy skin. Pulling a chair from the desk I had just put in here, I place it by her bed and take a seat. I listen to her soft breaths while I read the back of the tea box.

"Mr. Tomlinson?" Liam's voice sounded outside the door. I stand up and quickly make my way over to the door. When I opened it, Liam held a silver tray with the kettle, tea cups, sugar packets, two spoons and a bowl of fresh oatmeal just as I had told him.