Chapter 21

- Rose -

"Rosalie?" I hear a familiar deep voice call my name.

I squeeze my eyes before opening them, revealing my dads worried face. When I glance around me, I see I'm hooked up to an IV in a hospital room. I sit up quickly when I don't see Louis beside me, soon regretting it when my head begins to spin.

"Careful, careful." My dad scolds me gently, sending me a warm smile.

"Where's Louis?" I demand.

My dads blue eyes turn a hard grey as his smile turns into a disapproving frown. "Who gives a shit about him? You're in the damn hospital and all you can think about is your kidnapper?"

My eyebrows furrow together. "Kidnapper? No,  Louis is my lover.. We love... He's my..." My brain gets jumbled with memories of me running away from Louis, the letter I wrote for him, but everything is fuzzy afterwards.

"She's awake!" I hear Harry's familiar voice announce.

I jerk my head up and see him, Nicole, and the others saunter into the small hospital room. Nicole stands on the other side of the bed and holds my hand while I stare blankly at Harry.

"Where's Louis?" I ask cautiously.

Harry glances to Liam, his eyes filled with worry and confusion. "You don't remember what happened?"

"I only remember trying to run away but that's it..." I mumble.

Everyone falls silent, my dad glaring at them all. When I glance up to Nicole, she lets out a sigh.

"You were kidnapped by Theo, while Louis, Zayn, and you were running out of the building, Theo was waving a gun on the top of the building. Louis shoved you out of the way and Theo shot him before falling off the roof..." Nicole says in a small voice.

My eyes widen. "Where is Louis now?" I snap.

"He's in another hospital room, Rose." Harry says in a calm voice.

I shake my head, kicking the blanket off my legs before attempting to run out of the room. But my dad and Harry pinned my shoulders to the bed while Liam and Niall held my legs down as I screamed.

It was as if the world paused in those moments, while I was struggling against them all, I see Louis on a stretch being rushed into a surgery room with many nurses and doctors around him.

"Someone get a nurse!" Harry's voice brings me back to reality.

Next thing I knew, three nurses ran into the room and I felt immediately sleepy.

-

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, they just needed to put her to sleep before she scratched out our eyes to get to you."

I hear a familiar chuckle. "Why did you tell her?"

"All she wanted was to be with you, which is beyond my knowledge."

"Mr. Edworthy, I'd like to apologize for any harm I've caused by my own selfish ways. Trust me, once I get well and can leave, I'll be out of her life for good."

"I don't think that's going to be possible, Louis."

"What do you mean?"

"Look, I don't know what happened with you two but I know Rose. She loves you, and she always will."

"I'm not the right person for her."

"I think you are, her idea of a perfect life is something she's seen in books. Life isn't perfect, neither is any one person. Let her wake up from this dream of an ideal relationship, trust me she will."