15. Joey - Suspension [Part Four]

Hey! Haven't edited, just wanted to upload quickly for you guys and then go have a niiice looong bath ;) 

Mehe, enjoy anyways, this was going to be longer but I decided to upload after a couple of people egged me on (not naming anyone in particular... xD) 

Please watch/listen to the video! It's the namesake of the chapter :F

Ehe, and it seriously fits! MAE SO GOES WITH THIS STORY! What the cheese?! How did that work? Lol... :)

Do enjoy!

--------

Chapter Fifteen

Suspension

Joey -

What!?

No! No! That was not what I meant! He read me all wrong, I wasn’t blaming it on him, it was Sherry, I said that.

Fuck!

He had completely misunderstood me!

I grabbed hold of the door handle and whipped it open, scaring a guy who was about to walk in. I followed Freddie, half way in between a quick walk and a slow jog, panic eating at me. He was already walking out of the doors leading outside.

I hadn’t meant it like that! But he wasn’t going to understand. I barely understood myself.

The first thing I saw as I burst through the door was Freddie being approached by Pete and two other guys. My heart was in my throat as I stepped close, still anxious to remain in the background.

I heard an angry stream of words fly from Pete’s mouth and was sure I heard my name coupled with the word ‘queer’ too. Freddie squared up to him though, and replied. I saw the flicker of movement in Pete’s face before Freddie did, the twitch in his jaw.

A fist rose from his side, heading towards Freddie’s face. My feet were moving before I permitted them to, my hands pushing a couple of accumulating bystanders aside, and my mouth had fallen open, allowing a long-winded and embarrassingly cliché ‘Stop!’ slip out.

Heads turned my way but my eyes on Pete’s fist nearing Freddie’s face. Freddie leaned to the side just as I pushed Pete’s hand away. They both stared at me, surprised as I stood between them, breathing deeply and realising how stupid I had just been.

‘So it’s all true?!’ Pete laughed, the dry sound followed by jeers around us. ‘I was hoping I’d heard wrong, Joe, but you really are fucking this guy, aren’t you?’ I turned to him angrily as the taunts grew louder.

‘I am not-

‘Oh, oh that’s right… He’s fucking you, isn’t he?’

‘What the fuck is wrong with you?!’ Freddie pushed me back and neared Pete again angrily.

‘Maybe it’s faggots like you?’ Pete said. His eyes flickered over to me. ‘Wow. You never have been able to stand up for yourself. But now you’re letting this gay prick do it? You ass-raping queen-’

Freddie’s fist was connecting with Pete’s nose before I even registered the words he’d said to me. A hush seemed to fall over the crowd that was now surrounding us, but in seconds there was so much noise. Seeing Pete’s crumpled figure on the floor, writhing as he held his bleeding nose, seemed to shock me into realisation.