3. Joey - Courtney; The Best Girl

Chapter Three

Courtney; The Best Girl

Joey -

When I got home after school no one was home. I went straight to my computer in my room and logged straight into facebook. I automatically glanced at friend requests and found that I had one. From Freddie Lewis. After a minute or two of wandering what to do I accepted. I had to... He’d requested for the project, hadn’t he? As soon as I’d done so, a chat box popped up.

Freddie: Heya! What’s up? Any ideas for the project thing yet? *Wink wink* Xx

Me: No

Me: What’s the wink for?

Freddie: ... Nothing if you don’t know... Xx

Me: Can you stop with the x’s?

Freddie: Nope. Xx

Me: Why do we even need ideas? We just need to print out a load of shit about some colleges. It’s not that hard

Freddie: We need stuff about each other too xx

Just then the door of my room opened. I turned around to see Courtney standing in the doorway. ‘Hey Joey!’

‘Courtney! How did you get in?’

‘Your mum let me in.’

‘She’s home?’

‘Apparently,’ she said coming towards me and sitting on my lap. ‘So, whatcha doing?’  I glanced at the computer screen.

Freddie: Joey? Xx

Freddie: Joey! Hello? Have I scared you? Xx

Freddie: =P

Freddie: Is it the x’s? Wink wink... Xx

Freddie: Hello... Xx

Freddie: ... Joey...? Xx

‘Hold on a sec,’ I told her as I tried to type back.

Me: Gtg now.

Freddie: Oh. Okay then. Bye bye. Xxx J

I signed out. ‘Was that that gay guy?’

‘Yeah,’ I sighed.

‘You have him on face book?’

‘He just added me for that project thing.’

‘Aww, baby,’ Courtney pouted, ‘is he stalking you or something?’

‘Well, I guess he kinda has to...’ I shrugged.

‘Are you getting all stressed?’ she asked me, taking my hand and directing it onto her lap. I shrugged again. She grinned as she lowered her lips to mine, ‘I can take your mind off it...’

 -

About twenty minutes later and we were still kissing on my chair, Courtney constantly pushing my hands up her top and hers down my trousers no matter how many times I brushed them away. ‘Joey! Dinner!’ We froze, hearing my mum calling me.

‘Coming!’ I shouted down as Courtney stepped off me. She stood staring at me for a bit, her lips twisted.

‘Are we ever going to do this Joey?’ My eyes widened for a moment before I stood up.

‘Yeah! Of course Courtney-’

‘It’s okay if you’re scared you know, Ryan said you’ve never, you know, done it before.’ I had to remind myself to kill Ryan when I saw him next. ‘Well, he told Kelsey, who told me,’ she corrected herself. Okay, kill Kelsey. She’d clearly made him spill with some twisted blackmail of hers, most probably something along the lines of ‘no sex for a week!’ Courtney walked towards me and took my hand, curling it round to rest on her butt. ‘I know this sounds harsh, but I can’t wait forever...’

‘No,’ I agreed, ‘I’m going to, I just, my parents are home... You know...’ She looked at me sceptically. I didn’t blame her. What guy turns down sex? And we’d been here loads while my parents were gone... I ducked down and kissed her, trying to prove something even I didn’t understand, just as the door opened and mum walked through.

There was a moment of awkward silence as Courtney and I separated. Mum knew Courtney and I were dating but, clearly, we hadn’t talked about certain things. Mum smiled, ‘are you guys okay? Anyone hungry?’ I loved my mum sometimes.  Courtney shook her head with a smile, ‘no thanks.’

‘I’ll be down in a sec mum,’ I said. She nodded and stepped out with a sly smile, shutting the door gently behind her.  After a pause Courtney looked from the door to me and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips before smiling and leaving me alone in the room.

Sometimes, I thought I had the best girlfriend in the world. Problem is, I didn’t like her in that way. She was like my best friend, and I just didn’t want to do certain things with her. I didn’t feel that way about her. She was just a friend to me... Then again, in the words of Ryan, that kind of talk, was pussy talk. Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket.

‘HEY! THIS IS FREDDIE BTW. JUST TO SAY THIS IS MY NUMBER. I GOT URS FROM UR FB PAGE IF UR WONDERING. TEXT YA L8R XX’

I sighed unsure whether to text back and what to say if I did.

X

-------

*A/N*  

VOTEE! >.<