Prologue → Loverboy

He was sitting alone in a park bench under the tree that she'd little flowers each time the cool wind passed by caressing it. The place wasn't empty but he was so immersed in the book that he was reading.

Suddenly a voice was heard, calm and soothing, music to ears.

"Can I take a photo of yours?"

His world stopped to the voice and his gaze slipped away from the book and to the pair of black shoes the person in front of him was wearing.

With much anticipation and excitement,he didn't wasted anymore time to look up at the person.

Suddenly it started raining, drenching everything under the sky. Before he could take a look at the boy's face, he disappeared like dust in the rain.

He sat up on his bed sighing disappointedly. He didn't got to see the person again. Just like the dream's that he was having often after what it seemed like a second life for him. It was dark around him in the room.

Big raindrops against the glass window,the sound echoed in the room in the silence and he glanced to his left. The other side of the bed was empty, he was feeling cold and lonely but there's not that special someone who provided the warmth that was the favourite of him anymore beside him.

At this point,like everyone around him said,he was starting to believe that he's crazy, making up things in his head. But everytime he tried to get the weird imaginations in his head,he kept having the dream.

Like, what he wanted to forget,kept coming back to him.

_

"He's not crazy. It's not even a rare case. Most of times, people who are lonely at hearts tend to find someone to open up to about everything. Most of the times it's themselves. And some tend to create an imaginary friend, a presence, that they beleive is their bestfriend. Considering your son was lonely most of his life, it can be the case. It's nothing dangerous tho. When he can finally accept that there was no person like that existed, he'll move on. It might take a little time,but don't give him unwanted pressure either"

He could hear counsellor talking to his father outside his room. Every month he have been having councelling after leaving the hospital 8months ago. But it brought not much changes to him.

"Aren't you going to your brother's wedding?"He looked up at his father who walked into the room after sending off the doctor.

He remained silent to his father's question.

"Come on, you need to go outside. You can't stay in here for the rest of your life. Those f*cking imagination of your's- you were even more lively before starting to have all those imagine's in your head"His father sounded tired and frustrated.

He was still silent,lost in his thoughts.

"Son, it's true that you was lonely but it was by your choice. After a few years, you'll take over my company and lead them on from there but like this, I'm afraid I won't be abled to hand everything to you without worries. This is like your second life, move on and start new-"

"I miss him"He mumbled quietly making his father more angry and stop his words.

"He never existed"his father was trying to hold in the anger.

"He exists, I know" he said but at his heart he wasn't sure. He was sure his father will come up with the same thing that was the fear of him.

"There's no proof. Quit making up things in your head"The man said and walked away leaving him alone in his room to drown in the memories of the so called Loverboy.

"I call myself 'Loverboy' "

He smiled ever so softly as the words repeated in his head.

"What are you really?"He was really confused that he spent almost all of his day thinking over if such a person really existed or not, but everyone he have came across shook their head as no and blamed it on his imaginations instead.

"Are you real or..........a ghost?"He asked to himself and sighed sadly, knowing that even if he ask himself, there's nothing that can confirm about such a person's existence.

"Loverboy"he whispered softly and a cold wind blew past him.