Yet it Begins..(38)

A week later..
Sidanth calls up Nikhil..

"Haan Sidanth?"

"Nikhil if I am not wrong, you guys have gone back to Delhi.. right?"

"Haan, just came back yesterday..".. Nikhil sounds a little low..

"Nikhil, I wanted to apologize. I think I acted insane that day, specially with you. I am sorry man!"

"It's fine Sidanth.. I can understand but Shanaya had no hand in this! She was bound before your Mom's consent!"

"Nikhil, there are few things that should strictly be between me and Shanaya. I would really appreciate if you leave that on us only!"

"Okay! But I expect you to sort this out Sidanth! It's frustrating to see her like that! I am a brother afterall!"

"Hmm I get your concern.. there is one more thing I wanted to discuss.. "..says Sidanth..

"Hmm please go on.."

"The wedding is scheduled for next month. Can we postpone it a little? Woh kya hai na, I am trying to focus on Mom's health for the time being and I might need to take her abroad for further check ups.."

"Did you speak to Shanaya about this..?"

"Well.. honestly..I am not speaking to her much.. I am just too disturbed and I don't want to make things more complicated! Woh nehi samjhegi! And I don't have patience to fight or even argue with her! I love her and when it comes to my marriage, it's her only! But I need time now! My mother is collapsing and its hell difficult to see her in such pain!"... His voice shakes..

"Okay! Relax! I will speak to her.."

"Thanks.. and I will call her when things get a little better for me! Till then, please ask her to have patience!"

"Okay.. take care Sidanth!"

"You too bye!"... He hangs up..

"Kaun tha Sidanth?"...asks Sonam..

"Hmm.."

"Kya hua?"

"He wants to postpone the wedding.."

"Kya?!!"...Sonam gets shocked!!..."Nikhil ab zyada ho raha hai iska! Aapne kuch bola kyun nehi?"...Sonam scoffs..

"Yaar jo bhi kar raha hai, apni Ma k leye kar raha hai! What do I say here?! I understand these emotions very well but..!"..Nikhil sighs..

"Aap kuch maat karo! Baithe raho baas!"

Shanaya comes in after hearing them talking about Sidanth..

"Kya hua Bhaiya? Sidanth ka call tha?"

"Haan beta.."

"What did he say?"

"Main batati hoon, Sidanth Mahashay ko abhi shadi nehi karni, postpone karna chahte hai woh till Maya Aunty recovers a little.."..says Sonam being agitatedly sarcastic..!

"Oh! Good for him!"..she doesn't show any reaction..

"Beta are you okay?"...her expression concerns Nikhil.

"Hmm..I am fine Bhaiya!"...Shanaya walks away, she has somewhere expected this..!

********************

A month later..

Sidanth is engrossed in dealing with Maya Mom's treatment. He is doing everything he can to provide her with the best medical care possible in India. She's feeling a lot better now. On the other side, he barely speaks to Shanaya, perhaps to keep himself focused, making his Mom his only priority now!