Chapter 1: The Feelings Start.

~Jade's POV~

It was May 27th, 2006. I was hanging out with my brother, Zacky, and his friends. Jimmy, Brian, Matt, and Johnny. There was also Brian's sister, Brittney. My best friend. We had been best friends ever since the band met, which was like forever ago.

I was zoning out, mostly because I hadn't noticed how hot Matt got over the years, I didn't know what to do. Did I like him? Did I not like him? Would he like me?

"JJ, you're zoning out. What's on your mind?" Matt asks, sitting down beside me.

Everyone called me JJ for short.

"Oh, nothing, just thinking." I said with a smile.

"What cha' thinking about?" He asked with a grin.

God I loved it when he grinned that way.

"None of your business, Sanders. Now get back to work." I said, laughing.

He laughed and then winked at me before he left back to the booth to sing "Nightmare." It was my favorite song so far.

I think for a minute then get a call, from my ex. He was very abusive, I can't remember the last time I'd seen him since escaping from his house, he almost killed me that night because I had answered his phone for him when he was in the bedroom getting dressed.

"H-Hello?" I answered, scared. I didn't know what else to say, I didn't know what to do.

"Jade. You fucking bitch! Get the fuck back here or I'm gonna find your ass and make you pay." He said, almost yelling.

I hung up. Worst decision ever. Matt came back to me, and I started crying.

"JJ, what's wrong?" Matt asked, pulling me into his arms for a hug.

"It's Trevor. He called me a bitch and said to get back to him or he's gonna find me and make me pay." I said.

"Darling, he's not gonna find you here." He said, kissing me on the forehead.

He always knew how to make me feel better. It makes me wonder when I started having these feelings for him.

"Matt? Jade? What's going on?" Zacky asked, walking towards us.

"We have to protect Jade as much as we can, Trevor's looking for her." Matt said.

"Shit. This douchebag?" Zacky said, pissed off.

I stayed silent. I couldn't speak, or think. I wanted to scream and cry into Matt's arms, but I know he would never like me back.

"Jade, you okay?" Zacky asked.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine." I said.

"Maybe we should go home." Brian said, walking towards us.

"I'll take her home." Matt said.

"Alright, I'll take Johnny and Jimmy home." Zacky said.

"Is it cool if I ride with you, Zacky?" Brian asked.

"For sure." Zacky said.

Matt took my hand and took me to his car. I didn't wanna let go, I loved his body, his hands, everything. And that smile, I needed him by my side. But I couldn't, I don't know.

"Everything ok JJ?" He asked.

"Yes." I said, finally letting go of his hand.

"Why'd you let go? I liked that." He said with a smile, grabbing my hand again.

Liked what? Me or holding my hand? Should I tell him?? I just wanted him.

"So, do you wanna head home or come to my place?" He asked, paying attention to where he was going.

"Your place is fine." I said, blushing.

We had a few minutes more of driving then finally arrived to his house. It was very beautiful.

"Welcome to my house." He said with a smile.

"Thank you, Sanders." I said.

We sat down on the sofa and he sat next to me, looking at me with his bright green eyes.

"What're you looking at me for?" I asked.

He smiled, putting his hand on my thigh.

"Jade, I have to tell you something." He said.