Part Ten. Need Answers

Y/N gathered their stuff, slipped into comfier clothes, and left their apartment.

Y/N
Heading to Kate's for a
movie night. Thought you
would be excited to hear.

Mariah
You know me so well :)
Have fun!

They were excited to see her, but something in their gut just felt so bad. Y/N liked Kate. It was just this aching need to figure out why Yelena had taken such interest in them to then leave without notice.

Can't be mad at me for going on other dates if she's not even going to talk to me, they told themselves.

When they arrived at Kate's townhouse, she'd had it all set up in old movie night fashion. A bed sheet was wrapped from the top of her tv to the top of her couch. Pillows and blankets laid on the floor under it, creating a warm din for them to cuddle up in.

"You went all out, wow!" They stated, putting their bag down and sliding their jacket off.

Her smile gleamed proudly, "Thank you! You gave me such a nice night out. I figured I had to at least do my best to make a night in just as wonderful." Y/N grinned.

The two made their way under and into the pillow fort. As Y/N got comfortable, Kate slid in next to them. They raised their arm to lay on the couch, allowing Kate to slide in even closer as Y/N then wrapped their arm around her.

"So what's on the list for tonight?" They asked.

As she flipped on the tv, a very familiar opening popped up. She'd remembered Y/N's favorite movie.

"Oh, you are just the BEST!"

Kate snuggled in closer to Y/N, resting her arm across their stomach. They pulled her in tighter as the movie began. It was a comedy, always a favorite.

They laughed the whole time but barely spoke. Both had decided to just take in the night and enjoy it as it flowed, enjoying being so close and alone.

As the movie came to an end, Y/N was able to see that it had grown dark outside. The tv app began to fade into its dark home screen. They thought Kate would sit up, but instead, she laid in deeper to them.

Y/N tightened their arms around her, rubbing their hands up and down her back. They hadn't felt someone close like this in years. It was absolutely a feeling they missed.

Kate's head rose from their chest to look up at them. As she did this, the same look grew on both of their faces that had at the movie theatre. It was the one that almost pulled Y/N in. The one that almost had them kiss her.

They thought about it. Their mind was racing. Do it this time, but also, what about Yelena?

The last thing they wanted to do was ruin any chances with her, even if those chances had gone away... but she hadn't answered them. She decided to completely cease contact after their night at the bar.

Don't ruin something so amazing over something you don't even know is real or not.

These thoughts had raced so quickly in their head, but Kate's gaze stayed on their face. She knew they were in their head, so she raised her hand to their face. Rubbing her thumb over their cheek, she admired each inch.

Y/N raised their hand to hold hers, kissing the palm of her hand as they did so. This drew a bigger smile from Kate and that's when they decided. They moved the hand they'd held hers with to her face.

Pulling her in, they crashed into her lips. It was gentle, but passionate. As they held her head steady with their hand, they moved her so that she'd lay her head back on the couch.

Kate's hands grazed their sides, running over their shirt and grabbing it as the kissing grew deeper. Y/N let their hands fall to her waist, pulling her closer. As they did, a slight moan fell from her lips, sending chills all through their body.

They were so glad they waited to kiss her when they were alone because now they did not want to stop. It seemed that Kate felt the same as they both continued with the same intensity.

As Y/N slowed, they began kissing across her cheek and trailing to her ear. Kate's hands found their way to the bottom of their shirt, lifting it slightly so she could run her nails over their back. She felt them lean into her, clearly enjoying it.

Y/N's lips grazed down to her neck, causing her head to tilt back. One of Kate's hands fell out from under their shirt and made its way up to their hair. As they sunk their teeth into her skin, she ran her hand through the back of their hair and pulled tightly.

They smiled and laughed lightly, feeling how she moved under them as they took her in.

As much as they wanted to go further, Y/N knew it wasn't right. It wasn't time, but they could do this for a bit longer. After a few minutes, Kate had even flipped them over and sat on Y/N's lap. Her legs sat on either side of them as she ran her fingers through their hair and kissed them even harder than before.

She decided to tease them just as much as they had her, allowing her lips to trail from their jaw down their neck. Kate went further, pulling their collar over and kissing their collar bone. Y/N wasn't aware that this was such a sweet spot for them, but Kate quickly realized when she felt their grip on her waist tighten.

The two continued back and forth for the next thirty minutes, allowing it to go no further than what they'd done. As they slowed and laid down together, they admired the others' features, staring at each little part of their faces.

"Well, I could do that all night," Y/N smirked.

Kate's eyes glanced down to their lips. She placed a soft kiss on them. "Don't test me. I'll keep you here all night," she replied.

More chills. They'd want nothing more than a night with her. To let this continue as far as it could go. To watch her faces and hear her pleasure.

But it wasn't time.

They laid for a bit before finally standing for Y/N to head home. After they straightened out their jacket and threw their bag over their shoulder, they pulled Kate into a hug, "My place next time?"

She buried her face into their neck and wrapped her arms around them tightly, "Better make it even more extravagant or I'll be disappointed in you." The pair laughed before Y/N left and walked back to their apartment.

Once they were back, they felt the need to go to their safe place. Their night with Kate was wonderful, but they needed to make some decisions before letting anything further with her.

They made their way to the rooftop of their complex's building. Sitting on the duct near the edge, Y/N flipped through their phone. Mariah had texted them asking how Kate was. Kate had texted them saying how great the night was. Yelena had still sent nothing.

I just need to delete her stuff, they thought.

As they were going to slide on the thread to delete it, they looked over at the building next to them. There was a fight going on between, what they assumed was, a robber and someone in a full black spy-like suit.

Y/N was distracted, trying to figure out what was going on. One blink and the person in the black suit was grappling over to their apartment. They stepped back into the shadow, praying the person hadn't seen them.

To their luck, they hadn't. The person continued on to the next building, then the next, and the next. All they were worried about was getting away.

Y/N let a long breath go before bringing their attention back to their phone. Thinking again if they should delete the thread or not.

I'll just talk to Brandy and if she says I should delete it, then I will, they thought. I'll give her one last chance.