Chapter 12

Your P.O.V.

I don't know how much time has passed since Ariana left me out here by myself. I managed to finish the bottle of wine but I'm not even buzzed which pissed me off even more. Surprisingly I wasn't pissed off with Ariana I was more hurt.

I expected her to come back to me and explain why she bolted away from me like that but she didn't. That made me get in my head even more and that's when I let the tears silently fall down my cheeks.

I get up collecting the empty glasses and bottle. Before I walk into our place I take in a deep breath. When I relax as much as I can I open the door. It's exactly how I expected it to be...dead quiet. I shake my head sadly putting the glasses in the sink and throwing away the wine.

I walk over to the couch dragging my fingers along the back of it. As I'm focused on what I'm doing I hear small sobs coming from our room down the small hallway.

Not knowing it was possible my heart breaks even more. I tiptoe as best as I could and stop right outside our room peering in since our door is half open.

I see Ariana laying down on her stomach with her face buried in the pillow below her as her body shakes violently due to her cries. I've never heard her cry like this before and I wish I knew what I said or did wrong.

I slowly walk over to her and sit on the edge of the bed. I hesitate to touch her but I reach over and rest my hand on her back, "Ariana."

She sniffles a couple of time before rolling over. Her eyes are puffy and red while her cheeks are tear stained, "Y/N..."

"Don't say anything. If I scared you away or didn't anything I will book a flight as soon as possible and go home while you stay here and enjoy your time." I say making Ariana sit up shaking her head violently.

"I'm sorry I rushed off. You didn't do anything wrong!" She cries out jumping onto me wrapping her arms around me.

"Then why run away like that?"

She doesn't answer immediately so I allow her time to gather herself enough to talk. I rub her back and kiss her head ever so often.

She lets go of me but still keeps contact as she take hold of my hand. I look at her giving my attention.

"I ran because I'm scared. I'm scared that once I give you all of me...completely....that you'll leave or things will turn sour. I've never been this terrified of losing someone because I know if you leave it will comepletely break me Y/N." She admits kissing my hand, "I love you and I'm in love with you."

I snap my head up looking at her smiling. She return it as she run the pad of her thumb under my eyes wiping away my salty tears. She then rests it comfortingly on my sharp cheek bone, "With you knowing that Y/N please...please don't break my heart." She lifts my hand off her side and places it on her chest above her heart, "This is the affect you have on me. I've never felt this before but I love it. Before I met you I felt like I was sinking into a bottomless pit drowning as I reached above me. When you came into my life you pulled me out of it. It was you who gave me a breath of fresh air. Even though we had a rough go at first we never gave up on one another. I need..no I wanted someone to show me how it really felt to be taken care of and here you are. I love you...so much."

I feel my eyes start to water but I clear my throat and blink them away. "I can promise you that your heart is and will be safe with me. There won't be a day that goes by that I won't tell you how much I love you, how beautiful you are and so much more. You will feel special everyday for the rest of your life. Ariana you showed me how to love again. You told me it was okay to show emotions and not be so stubborn or act hard all the time. You taught me throughout these past months that being vulnerable is okay. I want to continue to grow with you and face everything head on with you by my side. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, I love you."