Chapter 24

Your P.O.V.

After spending those few days with Doja I sadly had to return to my job and continue with Paige. It's not a bad thing because Paige is sweet but I was enjoying my days of paradise with D.

Before I left though we got each other's numbers and I also invited her to the fight. Granted I had to pull some strings but I got her a VIP seat closer to where I would be sitting so just in case she didn't bring anyone and since I invited her I wouldn't want her to be alone.

We have been texting one another all day since it is fight night but she hasn't for sure told me if she was coming or not. During the press conference I'd occasionally check my Apple Watch hoping to see a text from her but nope not one. I didn't focus on it too much well since I shouldn't be destructed from what's going on right now but I couldn't help it.

I missed her company, the funny jokes we would crack at each other, play fighting and so many other things. Overall I just missed her bright personality. The days we were together there wasn't a single second that we were smiling and having fun. Everything with her was so natural and relaxing. Nothing ever felt forced or anything which was crazy considering we haven't even known one another for at least a week but I'm not complaining.

"Alright ladies go to your respected locker rooms and the fight will be in thirty minutes!" Dana says separating the two women from their intense stare down. Paige comes over to her team and I slipping in a robe, "Jesus Christ I'm gonna throw up!"

I walk in front of her down the crowded hall, "Don't be. Just try your hardest, stay focused and everything that happens just happens. Everything is going to be fine." I say over my shoulder with a confident smile.

"Well thank you. I'm glad you're here Y/N." Paige smiles coming up beside me, "Anymore inspirational pep talk?"

"The pleasure is all mine and maybe."

"We'll come on I need everything right now!" Paige says punching me in the arm rather hard.

We make it to her locker room door so we stand across from each other. I grab her shoulders bending down a little, "Stop doubting yourself. If they didn't think you were good enough y'all wouldn't have been matched up. Second of all even if you're smaller than her you have more speed and agility so use that to your advantage. Don't put punch her..out smart her. Come on you got this!" I cheer her while lightly shaking her to hopefully cure some of her jitters.

Paige smiles and wraps her arms around my waist securely and so I return the hug keeps my arms around her shoulders refusing to go any lower.

I don't let it last too long so I pull back, "Go get changed and you win this thing."

The blonde nods her head and goes into the room along with two other females who are on her team.

I stand in front of the closed door but two buffers guys gain my attention, "We have it from here so you can go over to our side." One of them says with a small smile and I nod, "Thank you Y/N."

I throw them a wave over my shoulder and keep walking to the arena but the back way so I don't get in the way of people setting up fog machines for their entrances. I show every security guard my pass UFC gave me and finally got to my sit that's outside the baracade from the fans.

I pull out my phone seeing there is still about 15 minutes till the entrances so I pull out my phone shooting Doja a text.

From Me:
Hey just wondering if you're okay
I'll text you after the fight!😌

I slip my phone back into my dress pants pocket and tap my feet against the concrete floor looking around. On tv this area a looks huge but by damn in person it's a whole different level. I mean the light on the ceiling look like a mile above us, the the crowd...I'd shit myself if I had to get into the octagon with everyone looking at me. Hell I don't blame Paige for almost shutting herself because I would too.