Chapter 16

Your P.O.V.

"I must say Y/N you have a pretty interesting life story." Paige laughs as she leans back in her chair.

After our lunch Paige and I moved to a small park near by so now we are sitting at a table under a small oak tree.

We've had a continuous conversation about many things and some were personal but I haven't told her the depth of things like I have with Ariana. Not because I don't trust her but that's not her place...it's Ariana's.

"Y/N...helllooooo." Paige says with a concerned look on her face. I blink a couple times and glance down at my hand seeing she's placed hers on top of mine in a comforting way.

I give her a tight lipped forced smile, "Yeah?"

"You just completely removed yourself from the conversation. Are you alright?" Paige asks with a worried look on her face.

I give her hand a tight squeeze before letting go and putting my hands back in my lap, "Yeah just a lot going on."

She nods understandingly before glancing around thinking about something. Then her eye light up and she smiles brightly at me, "You look like you need a break. How about....bowling! Or we could ice skate OR we-we can go rock climbing!" She stutters with pure excitement laced in her voice.

"Alright slow down..." I chuckle holding my hand up, "Lets just...go to the beach?"

Paige scan my body as I'm in a suit, "Uh you aren't dressed to go anywhere like that."

"It's a good thing I packed extra clothes," I smile standing up and reaching my hand out for her, "What do you say?"

She smiles and takes my hand standing up, "Sounds good to me."

I lead us back to the SUV and help her in first before going to my side. I check my phone and see there are still no texts from Ariana so I shrug and put my phone away.

"Can I play some music?" Paige asks quietly.

"Yeah that's fine."

Paige instantly unlocks her phone and connects to the Bluetooth before scrolling through all her music. Finally picking a song and she reaches over turning it up pretty loudly.

As the beat begins I'm not sure how I feel about it but I try to get into it as I can see Paige is loving this song.

When the main chorus comes on I tap my fingers to the beat because honestly it's kind of catchy...weird but catchy.

Left broken, empty in despair

Wanna breathe, can't find air

Thought you were sent from up above

But you and me never had love

So much more I have to say

Help me find the way

After that line Paige grabs my chin and moves my attention to her as we stop at a red light. She brings her fist up to her mouth before belting out the next couple of lyrics.

And I wonder if you know

How it really feels

To be left outside alone