Chapter 41

Doja's P.O.V.
During the shooting

Hearing three gunshots being fired from inside the building everyone begins screaming and ducking scared of what could happen.

My heart drops and I feel sick think Y/N is in there with whatever the hell is going on.

As people are bumping into me running away from the building, I run towards it shoving my way through the wave of people, "Move!" I scream but a man runs into me knocking me onto my back.

Trying to avoid getting trampled I squirm seeing strangers jumping over my body. I close my eyes and fold into the fetal position protecting myself.

"Ma'am get up!" I man yells grabbing my shoulders, pulling me to my feet again.

"Officer my girlfriend is in there!" I point to the building that is now glowing with red and blue lights from arriving officers.

"I understand but you have to leave the area right now." He shoves me back as he speaks but I fight against him, "Ma'am go!"

I try to argue but I will never win as he has authority over me so I follow instructions but stay as close as I can waiting for my girlfriend to emerge safely.

They being wrapping tape around the whole scene some standing guard and other late entering the building with bullet proof vests gun drawn up, ready for anything.

I pace back and forth cracking my knuckles as my anxiety pumps throughout my body.

What seemed like hours later paramedics rush in with a gurney as officers come out the building taking their hats off.

That's when the first responders storm around the area checking on the by standards asking questions to the ones who are able to articulate full sentences.

That's when a woman taller than me walks beside me and analyzes our surroundings. Neither one of us speak out but when a man comes to her while taking of his hat, "Captain Smith we have a body, no pulse."

Everything freezes as the conversation continues, "Where is the wound?"

"Right in the chest, seems like the entry point went through the heart and exited out of his shoulder blade." He responds but I tilt my head as I heard his instead of hers.

She dismisses him with a simple nod and they both leave me frozen in the same spot.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the paramedics escort someone on the gurney out of the building, but it's not just anyone it's Y/N...my girlfriend.

That's when I scan the crowd and find one officer by himself, so I run to him yanking on his sleeve, "I have to go! She alone and I need to be wherever she is going!"

He sees me pointing in the direction of where    Y/N is now being lifted into the ambulance, "Just calm down and stay right here for a minute longer. We still have questions."

"Fuck your questions! We need to leave now that is my girlfriend!" I scream as loud as I could hoping it would get across to him.

Seemingly to finally have a bit of empathy he walks away from me holding his radio to his mouth speaking.

I couldn't hear what he said but upon finishing the short conversation he turns around grabbing my forearm, pulling me to his car, "Seat belt on now."

I listen to the orders as he reaches up turning on the sirens which the flashing lights follow close behind the ambulance, "What is it?"

He grips the wheel tight, "It's bad but just have hope."

I know from his posture and tone that this is worse than what I think. I fold into myself covering my face with my hands, "Please don't die now...I have so much to tell you."