Chaper 27

Ariana's P.O.V.

"What's up with these double meaning posts Doja is posting?" I ask Courtney showing her what I'm talking about on my phone. It was a picture of Doja's latest performance with the caption of one of her lyrics.

"Maybe she's promoting new music."

I shake my head going to another picture she posted, "She's litterally holding hands with someone. Then somebody had to take her picture in this one." I tell my bestfriend wondering who she's seeing since she's been single for awhile.

"Okay detective put your phone down and lets go somewhere for today!"

I roll my eyes still not feeling 100% myself, "Without Pete?"

Courtney looks to her left at the taller dude standing in the corner, "Duh he's fucking weird so yeah. Where would you like to go?"

I stand up grabbing my bag along with a small shrug, "Not really feeling anything right now."

Courtney rolls her eyes grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the house quickly so we aren't stopped by Pete, "Quit bathing in potty and lets just chill. So I'm making the choice of Venice Beach Boardwalk!"

I whine and let her drag me to her car and we both get in, "Why are you this upset over the whole thing anyways? Y'all were together for a long time."

Looking down I play with my pants leg, "I don't care and time doesn't matter. I loved her..I love her still, Courtney you should've seen how hurt she was. I know I know I'm the one that fucked it up but a selfish part of me wants her to just forgive me already and is have a chance."

"I'm kind of on your side, I mean it was just a kiss and it would be different if it was soemthing more but i don't know. I think she's over reacting about it all."

"The thing is Courtney she asked me multiple times to not hangout with him but I did it anyways." I tell her looking at the traffic passing by.

Courtney looks at me sadly, "Have you tried to contact her anymore since the last time y'all saw each other?"

"Yes. I've texted and called once everyday but eventually I think she blocked me because nothing goes through anymore."

"Tried popping up at her house again?" Courtney laughs trying to lighten the conversation a bit but it does the opposite.

I feel my bottom lip quiver slightly and I swallow my spit hard, "I have but she wasn't there."

My mind shifts to the worst possible sanerios of her fixing to move away completely or she's moving on. Both would hurt me but seeing her with someone else would comepletely shatter me all over again.

"Hmmm well keep trying and don't give up. I'm not saying be a psycho stalker but keep trying different things to let her know you really want her back." My bestfriend advises and I smile to myself I already know I want her so I nod my head and think of new ways to try and make it up to her.

The conversation dies off after that and we just listen to music. I actually begin to feel a little bit better as getting out of my house has made my head space a little better.

Being in that house by myself sometimes just brings back all the memories I had with Y/N. Especially in the beginning when she tried to keep everything professional but soon we both fell into one another.

I smiled at the fact remembering how she always took care of me and that she had certain funny habits about herself that never truly made sense except to her.

I missed her making me snacks throughout the day, I missed having her arms around me to hold me at night, I missed our late night conversations about any and everything. The most important thing I miss about her is falling asleep to her heartbeat and waking up to her smiles in the morning.