Chapter 18

Your P.O.V.

After the whole thing with Ariana I got dressed and went to work out in the small gym I have in the side of my garage. I'll be honest that I looked for Ariana inside the house but couldn't find her. She wasn't anywhere to be found but I figure she'd want to blow off steam like I am so I grabbed a water bottle then walked into the garage.

I stretched for a minute loosening my tense muscles up before I begin my training.

I go to my pull up bar and start doing chin ups not even bothering to count but I'll stop once I can't do anymore which..might take a while but knowing I won't get any sleep tonight, I don't care.

Why would Ariana do this? She has betrayed me and obviously doesn't respect me as much as I respect her. I would never in a million years lay a hand on her yet she'd make me have doubts clearly knowing my past relationship. Huh...guess she doesn't love me as much as I thought she did.

I replay the whole conversation. I mean I didn't say anything wrong or incorrect. I was stating facts and being respectful as I could. I admit Paige is a nice girl and pretty but I don't see her in any romantic way. Yes I probably told her more than I should have but she seems like she'd be a good friend to have. I never initiated anything with her yet here Ariana is shamelessly flirting with Sean and spending hours with the guy. Yet I'm the one to blame and she plays the victim? No I'm not going to make the same mistake I did years ago.

I need to stick to my plan and distance myself from Ariana as I think on what to do with our relationship. If we break up it will make things harder as we will still be working together yet if I stay with her then I will constantly have doubts and let myself go.

Letting go of the bar I land on my feet and move to go to deadlifting ignoring the numb feeling in my arms.

I load the bar down and get my feet set in place before beginning the deadlifts.

If nothing happened between them why would Ariana jump to saying nothing happened when I didn't even mention it. Usually if someone does that then something definitely happened.

How could she look at me seeing how hurt I was and still blame me. Makes no fucking sense but I should've known...I needed to keep this professional but I didn't. Now I'm paying for it on my own.

Dropping the bar on the floor seeing it bounce a couple of times. I take a sip of my water and hear my phone go off.

I walk over to it curiously and see Ariana's name pop up on my screen.

From Ariana: I'll be home in a bit....needed some time to think.

I chuckle bitterly throwing my phone away to the side and go over to the dumbells continuing my workout.

Ariana's P.O.V.

"Thank you for meeting me." I mumble looking over at Sean as we sit in his car in an empty parking lot.

He smiles and grabs my hand, "Of course. You don't seem like yourself, everything okay?"

I shake my head, "No but it's nothing. I'm sure it will work out by itself." I look down at our joined hands and in my state I turn my palm over and hold his hand needing some kind of comfort.

"You know I'm here for you." He reassures me and I smile thankfully at him squeezing his hand, "What can I do to take your mind off of it...whatever it is."

I look over at him and shrug my shoulders not saying a word before looking down sadly, "I don't know what to do. I screwed up Sean and I don't know if I can fix it."

Catching me off guard Sean grabs my chin softly turning my face to his, "You deserve to be happy you know? You're so talented not to mention you're hot as hell but you shouldn't let something bring you down ight?"